musical drummers...who are they ???

the elusive it..... what drummers have it ??

Ringo, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Jeff Porcaro,Anton Fig, Dave Weckl, Vinnie C, can't put my finger on it, but they just play....the music...any thoughts ??
Ag insider logo xs@2xsuperhonestben
A lot of good responses here ( I particularly like Dave Mattacks and Jim Keltner as rock drummers and Jack D. for Jazz). Since, as Tvad points out, the question regarded musical drummers, I'd also look to less obvious people like Cal Tjader. He may be better known for vibes or even bandleading and songwriting, but he brought that broader sense or "musicality" to his drumset and congas, Latin Jazz was full of this phenomenon, see Tito Puente et al. Mick Fleetwood, Will Rigby, Jim Brock and Phil Collins would be somewhat analagous in the rock world IMHO.
Post removed 
Eric Montzka(Patricia Barber band) and Lars Ulrich from Metallica are probably the best drumers I heard on recordings and in live performance.

Eric Montzka's drumming on Companion, track 7 - "Black Magic Woman" is just outstandning.

Lars' drumming on Metallica's Load cd, track 14 - "The Outlaw Torn" is incredible.
Steve Jansen of Japan. Actually, he's David Sylvian's brother and has drummed on most of David's solo albums. Great drummer, totally under-rated, very musical (??what else could drummers be??)