Burning CD question

Disclaimer: I own all the CDs I have been burning.

I have been burning single track from some on my CDs onto discs for use in the car. I have had a little trouble playing them back on the Nakamichi, but I have had a lot of trouble getting them to play in the car. They skip a lot.

I have been using Verbatim DVD+R discs and burning at 128.

Any idea why these are playing so poorly?
uppermidfi
Unless there is something wrong with the transport in your car (in which case all CDs you played would/should skip) my guess is the problem lies in your burning way too fast.

Most composers and musicians I know won't burn music faster than 4x even though their equipment allows speeds up to 48x or more. Don't ask me why slower is so much more important with music and not data -- they don't know either, but they all say they can hear the difference. And they don't skip!
If a CDR is designed to be burned at high speed, it is best to burn them so. If you are going to burn at slow speeds it is best to use media designed for slow speed burning. Disc errors can occur from using media incorrectly. HHB makes CDRs just for slow speed recording.
I had the same problem with Sony CD-R's. They would play perfectly on various inside players, but would skip and hang-up in the car when other burned cd's played fine. Someone told me that the problem had to do with the "reflectivity" of the disk and to try burning at a slower speed. I experimented with different burn speeds (4x, 2x, and 1x), but still had the same problem, although to a lesser extent on 2x and 1x disks. I finally put the Sony's aside, bought some Taiyo Yuden CD-R's and no longer have any problems. By the way, the Taiyo Yuden disks are less reflective and show a magnified image compared to the Sony's mirrorlike finish. Go figure.
>>"I have been using Verbatim DVD+R discs and burning at 128."<<
[Uppermidfi]
>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have to admit I am totally confused. Am I wrong in my thinking that a DVD+R disc will not, or should not, play in a CDP.
============
I am assuming a mistake was made about DVDRs being the recording medium. Although, DVDRs can be used to store audio files, I don't think they will play in a CD player unless they are converted to wave files and put on a CDR.