Which Patricia Barber album floats yer boat?

As far as my knowledge is concerned and from all the reading that I do, “Blood on the tracks” by Bob Dylan is considered to be his best album by far. For Joni Mitchell it is “Blue”. What really amazes me is that there is no general consensus on which album of Patricia Barber is the best. Some prefer “Modern Cool”, some “Companion”, some think “Nightclub” is her best album! I think it is “Café Blue” Why? Cause the two tracks numbered 9 (Too Rich for my blood), and 11 (Nardis) strike a chord in me like no other songs of her. They have the energy which seem to ooze out from the system in spades.

Which album of Patricia Barber floats yer boat and why?
128x128quadophile
Bigjoe writes:
& the small demand's her music put on a system
Do you feel that Joni Mitchell or Bob Dylan albums place a greater demand on a system?

Regards,
I've only heard maybe 3-4 Patricia Barber albums, so I'm no expert. However, I do have an opinion!

I do not care for any of the studio albums I've heard. I do like the live "Companion" CD quite a bit. Barber does not have a great voice or much vocal range, but the album works for me. I like every cut on the album and most often play it end to end.

Enjoy,

TIC
I like Nightclub and Companion. On Nightclub, she plays a great piano, especially on Blackbird, Autumn Leaves and Yesterdays. On Companion, it's the Hammond B-3, especially on Black Magic Woman. Her voice is quirky but I've come to like it.
John
Yawn... There are more interesting artists deserving a listen than Patricia Barber.