What song best sums up the previous year?

Is there a song that stands out to you that for any reason sums up the year 2005?
128x128nrchy
I was thinking when I placed this post about the song "The Living Years" since my friend Pat 'Lugnut' Malone died, and my father was on his death bed.

I certainly didn't expect the idiotic, sophomoric, and uninformed political drivel that has been the substance of the responses...

It is tragic to live in a nation of people who are so obviously stupid!!!

This makes me think that Pat, and my father got out in time!
Sorry for your loss .

Yeah I know what you mean. I was able to read your mind when you posted, I guess they're not as spiritual as you are.

All I can say from having spent quite a lot of time with Pat is that he would be ashamed that you so speak so callously to a community of which you are a member. Compassion and understanding is not conditional, and yet you make it so. Next time you want specific responses, fill them in yourself.

I'm sorry for your loss, Nate, truly. And I'm sorry for your insensivity as well. Re-read your post again. It leaves all options available as far as responses go. If you don't realize that you live in a highly polarized nation, you are either not paying attention, not asking questions, or simply too busy labeling the idiots. Well, you can consider me one of them, and I'm grateful that Pat found it so easy to love me for it.