Best Concert Film

I never seem to tire of Talking Heads great concert film, "Stop Making Sense". Never ceases to get the adrenaline pumping, the foot taping, and a smile from ear-to-ear. I used to have a VHS tape of it long ago.

Any other nominations for "Best Concert Film" of all time? I couldn't find any threads in the archives on the subject.

Marco
jax2
Thanks everyone! Keep'em coming. I've updated my queue at Netflix!

In a departure towards the Documentary side of film+music, I would add, "I am Trying to Break Your Heart" - a documentary of the band Wilco that has some interesting insights into the contemporary music/recording industry. Also the famous Pennebaker film on Dylan, "Don't Look Back" and Buena Vista Social Club, Wim Wender's film that fuses both in a way - great soundtrack on the latter too.

Happy 06' everyone...here's to a better year for the world, and for all of us!

Marco
I second Aggielaw's pick for Rush Live in Rio. This DVD is addictive, and I have yet to get over Alex's performances. If all DVDs could be this good.
>Problem with The Last Waltz is that 90% of the show is studio overdub, thus not truly a live show.

Say what?

I just want to say that I was at The Last Waltz, so I got that goin' for me. In case it isn't obvious in the film, Van Morrison was the highlight.
Drubin, I agree on Van, but in some ways I think Ronnie Hawkins stole the show. I wonder how he's doing now. I know that at one time he was fighting cancer.
David Gilmour in Concert
Roger Waters-In the Flesh
Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Live from Slane Castle
Led Zeppelin-4 Concerts
Rolling Stones-4 Licks
Music for Montserrat
Paul Mccartney-Live from Red Square
Live from Knebworth
Peter Frampton-Live from detroit
U/2-Revelation Tour
Metallica-Cunning Stunts

A picture is worth a thousand words. For those high end enthusiasts who still shun home theatre-give these and the above live concerts a shot. It adds a whole new dimension to the listening experience.