"best" version for "Toccata and Fugue D minor?

please vote for your "best" version of Toccata and Fugue in D minor, red book CD format. Thanks.
ny92
A powerful performance on CD is the recording by Jean Guillou on The Great Organ of Saint-Eustache, Paris, Dorian Recordings #90134. While the Dorian label has gone into receivership, Amazon.com lists some used copies available and says new copies ship in 1 to 2 weeks.
There is also the Pengiun Guide to classical and a good guide put out by National Public Radio (NPR). Remember they are only the best recordings according to whoever wrote the book.

Now are you a music nut or an audiophile? That is important. Some of these recordings might have substandard sound. The editors are only rating the performance.

I have an old book where the editor of the book basically used other record guides and magazines as a vote. The book listed the recordings liked by the most number of reviewers.

If you are looking for a "traditional" performance and don't mind historical recordings, look for E. Power Biggs.
I stick with classic performances from the LP days, such as, E Power Biggs on Columbia and Karl Richter on DGG. Both have been released on CD also. If pressed for picking only one, I would pick the Karl Richter for slightly more impressive sound.
E. Power Biggs, Peter Hurford, and Kevin Bowyer would all make up my short list.
John
I'm a pipe organ buff, so naturally I have a great many versions of this ubiquitous warhorse. If I could keep only one, it would be Michael Murray's on Telarc, played on the great organ of First Congregational Church, Los Angeles. An excellent recording of a powerful performance.