Jackson Browne Solo Acoustic

I just received the new Jackson Browne CD, "Solo Acoustic".

I will admit my biases up front:

a. I love Jackson's book of work;
b. I love solo acoustic performance.

It is a terrific release. I listened to it casually this afternoon and sounds like it is very well recorded and engineered. (Doug Sax did the mastering ).

A mixture of the older stuff and newer stuff. Still in good voice.

Enjoy

Richard bischoff
rbischoff
Agreed about this being a good album. My only small complaint is that I think the introductions may start to wear thin after many repeated listenings. Mofimadness, I think I was at that same Red Rocks show and it was excellent-I thought some of the solo stuff he did on piano that night was the highlight of the concert--which makes this album so nice to have.
Rb,

Thank you for pointing out this CD, it is unbelievable. Only half way through(on track 9 right now) and it has to be in the top five of my favorites. Just a really moving cd. This is what this hobby is all about.

Regards,
Absolutley agree, I turned the lights out the other night and listened late into the evening, my kind of music, really takes me back. I hope the "Volume 1" means there are more to come.
I am glad everyone enjoyed the album.

I have seen Jackson live Four times.

The first time was on the Running On Empty Tour and that particular band was at its height of power and precision. Amazing show that is still in my Top Five after all of these years.

The second time was in Austin during the Hold On tour and ranks as one of the worst performances by any band in my life. They opened with the fuse and the musicians were not even in tune. Not a great night.

The third time was on the World in Motion album with David Lindley opening. The performance wasn't much to talk about until Lindley came out and they did (with one other guitarist) just a great short acoustic set. Made the rest of the performance just stand out in its mediocrity.

The last time was on the I'm Alive tour and it was a wonderful performance. The band wasn't as talented as the Running On Empty bunch but just a great night.

Richard Bischoff