Music for Riding a Storm Out?

bout to sit down to 48rs in the house, located in west houston.

unfortunately i keep thinking of REO Speedwagon "Ridinng the Storm Out", but God they suck.

Maybe some Doors, good mood music. Once it passes, I'll probaby put on some mid 60 beatles. Anything I should consider?

(got ray charles on for now, probably go to something else now that a purty day is starting to get ugly)

rhyno
128x128rhyno
the johnny cash rec is actually "5 feet high & rising". great song too. local college radio played it yesterday, along w/ lots of other flood oriented songs, such as SRV's "weather" (FM is out, as i'm not interested in keeping a lightning rod antenna plugged in at the moment)---but no matter how relevant, college radio still wouldn't bring themselves to play REO Speedwagon...gotta love those college kids.

already listened to GD's "wake of the flood" (optmistic?) CD and live "row jimmmy". think i might have a lil lyle lovett "if i had a boat". derek & dominoes live from fillmore, w/ greatest ever "let it rain" (20min, with great drum solo and with incredible venue ambiance) is up next.

don't worry bout me, worry bout those truly in trouble (coastal folks, esp those poor dumb bastards that didn't leave!). seems likely i'm in for a big nasty rain / wind, but that's pretty common in texas anyways...
>>I don't know what's worse, that someone would post such a thread or that the moderator would let something this idiotic through.<<

Neither. Dumb and stupid comments like this are the worst. How about considering a Dale Carnegie course?
What is your problem Raquel???
My mother used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the hell up!"

Robin Trowers' Whisper Up a Storm from 20th Century Blues.
Good luck Rhyno...
How abut Derek and the Dominoes Let it Rain? Allman Bros Stormy Monday? My favorite would be The Grateful Dead's Weather Report Suite from their Wake of the Flood album. "Listen to the thunder shout "I AM"
Rhyno,

Just goes to show that conventional wisdom rarely is, and that the uninformed populace here is living up to the state's rank as one of the least educated states in the US...at least these people got good hearts, with the way they welcomed the Katrina evacuees...

Gee Rhyno, does that apply to your friends in Dallas too ?

Just when I was thinking my college degree had some value :^).