Help with bi-wiring

I have a pair of old Vandersteen 2ci with 8' Kimber 8tc straight runs with open spade lugs. I see where Vandersteen recommends bi-wire so I decided to go that route. My question, however, is how to go about it by: 1. buying another 8' pair with open spade lugs, or 2. sending my current pair off somewhere for a technician to split them into four 4' cables with spade lugs, or 3. Attempting to do this myself. I can do simple electronic work but I feel my cutting this cable in half would open a can of worms that I wouldn't be prepared to deal with. Anyone with experience here, or any suggestions? Any help greatly appreciated! (If you recommend sending them off, could you give info?) Thanks!
rawinsonde
Assuming your amp will accept another set of spades than a second run to each speaker gives you the most flexibility.

Some folks will use a different wire for the highs than the lows.

Or, in your case you could split out two blue's and two blacks at the speaker end, put spades on them and hook them up to the highs.
Thanks, Just thinking about it, I think I would like to shorten the runs to 4' with 2 pairs to each speaker, 1 to bass and 1 to mid/high on each speaker.

I'd appreciate advice on who could do this for me or if you think I could do it myself...thanks
Obviously you must be using mono amps, as a 4ft cable would not offer much flexibility with a stereo amp. Have you considered sending them to Kimber? That way, should you ever want to use something different, they would be easier to sell used, and the integrity of the connections would be identical on both ends.

Absolutely do not get caught up in the scenario of using different cables for the highs and lows as this causes problems at the crossover point. See this article from Vandersteen,

http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/Answr7.htm

Also, if you do not have 100% confidence in doing it yourself, I would not attempt it.
With all do respect to Tls49 it is not rocket science. I sold Kimber Kable for decades and we cut and terminated all the cables on the sales floor.

You just need to be extra carefull when stripping the wire as you do not want to nick the copper strands.

You should look at the connectors on the Kimber site to see what will work best for you. If you want to stay with spades you have a choice between WBT and Postmaster. The Postmasters need to be soldered.

You will need 4 connectors.