HiDiamond Speaker Cables

Even though I own all HiDiamond interconnects and power cords, I have maintained my DIY speaker cables that are made out of pure 9999 silver 14 & 18 gauge soft annealed wire.

I would be very interested in opinions of the D8 speaker cables from those of you who have them.
For biwire, do you have 2 separate runs or are you using jumpers?
128x128ozzy
Ozzy, 4 METERS! OUCH!! I would say two separate runs even more so now over jumpers. But wait, are you bi-wiring or bi-amping?
My recommendation for two pairs is for bi-amping. As some amps have two sets of outputs vs four mono blocks.

Good luck
I just wanted to give my opinion on my D8 speaker cables now that my set has slightly over 500 hours on them. The D8 speaker cables were my last addition of HiDiamond cables to my system to complete a full loom. I have owned everything from $1000-$10000 in speaker cables and I do not believe in the word "best" when it comes to cables but I do believe in personal best for your system. I have owned most of the top manufacturers that everybody mentions on these forums and certainly some of them were good but none as good as the D8 cables in my system and again I stress these is just my personal experience. The D8 were rough for the first 24 hours but after 24 hours they sounded much more smooth. At about 100 hours the top end of the D8 was producing nice resolution and a solid bottom end, slightly better than my previous reference speaker cables. The D8 cables continued to improve but at around 350 hours things suddenly took a huge leap forward. I had left my system playing continually for about 24 hours and when I returned I home noticed that the bottom end sounded like there was another lower octave playing through my speakers that was not there before but with a ton more precision. The strings on certain instruments were now literally live and 3 feet in front of my speakers where the artist should be but again much more focused and less fatiguing sound than any of my previous cables. Words were more clear and male vocals now had weight to them but not bloated weight just clear male bravado that was never there before. I have owned most configurations of speaker cables including bi-wired silver and cooper but with HiDiamond D8 I went with D8 and their best jumpers. I have now replaced all my previous more expensive cables with a full loom of HiDiamond cables and consider this the very best my system has ever sounded. I will not mention any other manufacturers because the other manufacturers may work well for you but I will say I have never heard more detailed, non-fatiguing cables with deeper bass than the D8 speaker cables. I will also say I waited to replace my speaker cables last because I considered them my best cables in my system. Last but not least; even if you were to offer me some cables to try on my system I would take pass because this is what I have always strived for.

Paz307, Wow great review of the D8 speaker cables performance in your system.
The fact that you are using the jumpers gives me faith that I still may be able to afford a 4 meter set after all.
Ozzy, as far as jumpers vs two pairs, based on my experience ( and others that I know of) with both, two pair of speaker cables will give you better performance but at a higher price.

Others who have tried both feel that it is better to use two pair vs jumpers even if that means going with a less expensive pair of cables in the line. Please understand this has nothing to do with my sale of the cables just honest advise.

I have used my HiDiamonds both ways in my system and others who have heard them used with and without jumpers could easily hear the improvement with two pairs.

Of course it is possible that the jumpers from HiDiamond might close the gap a bit.

I am in the same boat as you because the cables I now have I had to go with a single run and have to use jumpers. I am positive the sound would be better with two pairs but I can not offered two pairs.
So I will now try better jumpers to see if I can get even better sound. Do not misunderstand me the sound is great I just feel there is that last little bit.

Boy it sucks having to have a budget in this hobby.

I have to agree with Hifial. In my experience two sets of speaker cables have sounded better than one set used in conjunction with jumpers. I have also found that tri-wiring with 3 sets of speaker cables have sounded better than one bi-wire set with another single set of speaker cables.

The least effective sound has been with a single set of speaker cables and a factory set of "solid" jumper brackets (not Cable jumpers).

The next best sound was with one set of speaker cables with short matching speaker cable jumpers.

Bi-wired cables probably fit right around here depending on their design, as well as the speaker design. I don' t like the bi-wired Cable option as much, because it doesn't leave me with a logical upgrade path to have 2 matching sets of speaker cables down the road, and the bi-wired set may not be needed with my next pair of speakers.

The best sound in my experience was with 2 matching sets of speaker cables. It improves the overall presentation, things like; sound-staging, imaging, transparency, resolution and air. The improvements aren't incredible but they are there. Currently, I'm using one set of speaker cables with matching jumpers and I will add a matching set down the road, when funds allow it.

I would buy the Best single pair of cables that you like and use a set of matching cable jumpers and then you will have a nice upgrade path for adding a matching set of the same cables down the road if you so choose.

4 meters is kind of long (expensive), ouch!!
Why don't you rearrange your system and put your amp in between your speakers?

Rich