Interconnects Signal Path

What is the rationale for interconnect cable manufactures to indicate the �signal path� direction on their cables? What happens if the cables are installed in the opposite direction? Would that affect the sound quality, and if so, when the direction is corrected, how long would it take for the interconnects to �recover� from the improper installation and produce good sound?
kisawyer
Jea48's suggested prior posts on this subject are a must read and answers my question. Thanks. Final analysis...listen to your ears.
Actually, music is not a push pull thing, not where interconnects are concerned. You know, what with DC and all. With my Analysis Plus interconnects, for example, the best sound is obtained when the cables are connected in the opposite direction from that recommended by Analysis Plus which is based on how the shield is attached.
I did not say that was the only reason. Just that, IME, it was usually an indication as to which side the separate shield wire was grounded to.

In my designs I have stayed away from a separate shield or drain.

Lastly I'd not be at all surprised if it does make a difference for some little known reason. If you have a favorite "directional" cable what is it, for I am always willing to try new things.
Actually, music is not a push pull thing, not where interconnects are concerned. You know, what with DC and all.
04-12-13: Geoffkait
DC?

Deep!
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1274104190&openusid&zz
I say you never know what makes a differnce so give it a try.

Even after reading all of the suggested threads I am sticking with my understanding that music is an A/C signal
which is a push than pull (both charge and current) event. I base the statement on many things but if the charge and current only traveled in one direction "D/C" than the woofers on your speakers would go to max excursion and stay there. Try tesing a raw driver with a battery which is D/C and you will see what I mean. Also if IC's have some D/C I'd like to know how it made it through the various coupling caps inside most electronics that are there on purpose to block the DC from getting to the next stage.

I do not dispute those who have a heard a difference when a wire sounds different in one direction or the other. It could have something to do with the grain of the wire. Maybe that's why there has been so much talk about OCC wire. Unless the wire is near absolute zero there is actually a lot of chaos going on in the wire as the electrons jump from ring to ring, it's my understanding that's where the heat comes from. I can imagine that in a drawn wire the chaos may be less in one direction than another, being effected by the aberations in the crystaline structure. Don't know. But I appreciate all the debate as it has opened up another area for me to pay attention to in the quest to get the most realistic music in my listening room.

Thanks, it's been enlightening.