What is my tonearm??

I have a Basis 2001 with a tonearm that says Basis on it. Was always under the impression it was a Rega tonearm. I have a picture I could send to someone familiar with Basis tonearms.
brinmeliss
It looks like the Rega 600 that was on my Rega P-25. You could call or e-mail Basis and ask them. They may need the serial number on your turntable for reference.

A Vector tonearm would be a significant upgrade to the sound of your system and a drop in replacement.
Jperry,
I mounted a Vector 4 with calibrator on my 2001 without problem, although I had to turn the tonearm mount board to get the correct length and contact for the calibrator knob. Is there a different base that I should be using?
Manitunc,

I think the base is fine. When I bought my Vector 3, I was also looking at a Vector 4. The box on the Vector 4 said 2200-2800 models. I checked with Basis, and they said those models require a deeper cup than the 2000-2001 models. If you see pictures of both you can see the cup holding the damping fluid is much deeper on the Vector tonearm designed for the 2200-2800 turntables. I do not think the 2200-2800 model would work on your turntable. Mr. Conti said it would not work on mine

You can also check with Basis. Their service and service attitude is great.

Did you hear a significant difference when you changed from the Rega to the Vector tonearm? For me the difference was stunning, in the best way.

Jim Perry