Wood glue method of record cleaning

Anyone ever try it? Sounds interesting but I'm afraid of any residue left in the groove ripping the stylus off the cantilever.
128x128zavato
Tried it, record came off beautiful looking, caused no problems, but did not seem to fix any ticks and pops.

The only thing I've really seen consistently make records quieter is the Audio Desk system. Over the course of 30 years I have tried others, starting with Nitty Gritty, and noticed no improvement of any consequence other than records looking nicer.
Sounds to me like the guy on audiogon who is such a big believer in Bose 901 speakers and wants you to put some type of teflon tape for all the exposed plastic pieces sticking out of the speaker. Claims it makes them the best speakers in the world!! (No, I have not been sniffing glue myself.)
What's all this about teflon tape and what part of his Bose 901s does he stick it to? I can imagine that doing virtually anything to a Bose 901 would cause improvement so it aint that big of a stretch.
where do you find teflon tape and beside insulating wire what is it used for? Maybe Mylar tape would be better for speaker improvement and or repair?
I wrap Teflon pipe thread tape around my tonearm to dampen resonances. For my Technics SL12x0 M5G it works very well.

I've used Elmer's glue to try to clean a record but didn't hear a noticeable difference. Neither was it dangerous. If you put on a thick enough layer, the whole sheet of dried glue will pull off without any residue. However, I haven't tried it with Tite-Bond wood glue. One of the demos on YouTube where he plays "Kind of Blue" before and after is pretty impressive.

I may try it again with Tite-Bond, but in the meantime I get excellent results even with chronically noisy thrift shop records by washing them with Ajax dish detergent and microfiber terry towels, and then using a handheld steamer to blast the loosened gunk out of the groove.
Johnnyb53,
Doesn't that tape add considerable mass to your tonearm? I am no analog person so I don't know if that is a desired outcome in addition to dampening it. It is foamed so I guess it is not all that dense and heavy.
I was under the impression that the wood glue people were experimenting with was just the generic yellow opaque "Elmers" type glue. I haven't attempted myself it for the reasons you state. I can clean manually but I also have a record cleaning machine. I would like to get the ultra sonic cleaning machine. I am a fan of that technology having seen it work incredibly well on other things.