Do 45 RPM records need higher anti-skate setting?

I was playing one of my 45's today and heard Distinct mistracking on one channel only. I increased the skating setting and it was much better. This was only near he beginning of the LP. The LP was a Cannoball Adderly record. Do 45's require higher anti skate setting or is just a peculiarity of this record. The vinyl system is an LP12, Arkiv B and Ekos II, which invariably tracks very well.
128x128zavato
Omsed,
You need to read and assimilate before spouting. Otherwise you may be
considered a wanker.
[quote] This greater acceleration does not exist. And more energy is NOT
being put into the system or the volume would be louder on a 45![/quote]

So would you care to enlighten us otherwise why anyone would use 45 rather
than 33 1/3 other than to be able to have a disc with higher modulation?
As far as my (possibly inferior) knowledge is aware, that a body revolving
faster has more energy than one revolving slower. I thought this was
something to do with kinetic energy?
Therefore permitting higher signal levels to the cartridge.
Of course you may not have noticed any difference between 45s and 33s, in
which case get yourself some and listen....

Re centipetal force - think about it. The only revolving item other than the
platter, is the tonearm, which is the item under discussion, and there are
minimal, and irrelevant, centripetal forces acting on it, which is what I have
said in the blog.
John
Omsed, Point taken. Sorry.

John, The tonearm is stationary, resisting the force of friction on the stylus tip which would tend to want to pull the tonearm clockwise in the direction of LP rotation. But I have privately wondered about a tiny centripetal force exerted by the LP on the stylus tip, as the grooves spiral inward. I think it's overcome or negated by the skating force.
Lewm,
If there was no groove, the arm would skate and rotate until there were no forces acting to make it do so, so there would be, for a short while, a "conventional" centripetal force acting on the stylus and arm along the stylus to pivot axis caused by the rotation.

When there is a groove, the inside face restrains the stylus, so there is effectively no such force, because the arm is rotating only minimally (at less than 0.01 rpm), and the stylus has such a tiny mass, that any forces are negligible, and totally overwhelmed by the friction forces by many orders of magnitude.
J
"(Even) if dynamic friction magnitude were dependent upon velocity. Fact is dynamic friction is nearly independent upon velocity."

A pivoted arm with overhang will seek the center of a blank (ungroved) LP. Would it not move towards the spindle more rapidly if the disc were spun at 78 or 45 rpm than at 33.3?

Peace,
While science is a good objective parameter, I suggest that trying out the skating force is the best way to determine the answer. I do not see a consensus among the posters of exactly what the science is. If one assumption is incorrect, all conclusions from that are wrong. Or you could conclude that one of the explanations of skating force is correct, and procede accordingly.