Question on FR 66s

For some reason, search on FR 66s in agon did not turn up anything much. I recalled that recommended S2P distance is 296mm rather than 295mm and Stevenson geometry seems to work best. Is this correct? I already have FR 64s which works very nicely with Koetsu. In general, does FR 66s works well with the more modern cartridges, Lyra, Air Tight, Dynavector etc.
I am kind of curious to try it but not sure what to try it with. Beside those mentioned on my system page, I have Kiseki Blue, XV-1s and Miyajima Zero on hand currently.

Thanks for any suggestion.
suteetat
Dear Thekong: I read that you have an Eclipse and if I remember in the past you use S.Frontiers that I can't remember if is SS. For years I used tube electronics and learned, slowly but learned, so I changed as you did it. Time to time I ask to my audio friends ( audiophiles and retailers. ) for a tube unit only to check if I'm losting on something and till today that technology has nothing new to offer especially at phono stage level.

So, I can see any contradiction. As you learn as you can change for the better and this is the main subject: " FOR THE BETTER ", did you?

The kong my advise regarding the DISTOTIONS subject was and is to re-set to re-think the whole audio information we have or at least forget it for a while and then start to build a system from " cero " with no pre-judgements but with a new mind trying to start to learn as if we learned nothing through all these years. Is the only way to really change for the better to really understand what means lower distortions and how that lower distortions system sounds/performs and when this happen you will live the audio experience of YOUR LIFE enjoying MUSIC as never before.

Not an easy proccess but worth to intent it. You have to have a test/comparison whole proccess with very defined LP tracks that we will using always: same tracks and same " grooves " on each test tracks. That proccess must include self tests, yes we have to test it our selfs to know if we can understand and take advantage on that new learning proccess.

Thekong, I already said the same to Suteetat: how many years do you have on audio and how many years do you have in your today audio/music learning proccess and how many years do you have trying to improve your home audio experiences?, almost all your life, so don't wait that what I'm saying could be achieved after a few months: NO way.

I hope that over time you and other persons interested in the subjects I pointed out could experience it listening what I'm hearing at my place because when we have the opportunity to hear words are almost useless. Welcome any time any of you to have some additional/different audio fun.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hi Rauls,

Thanks for your comment! Would certainly make an effort to try out your suggestion to see if it makes any difference to me.

Just to recap my phono progress since around the year 2000, when I got back into vinyl. I started with the Herron, than progress to the Pass Xono (yes, I know some members consider it grey and sterile, but not to my ears :-) ). In the meantime, I also tried out my friend’s Supratek, and got myself a MFA MC Ref preamp completed with the phono stage.

I was very interested in the Aesthetix IO Eclipse as I was already using the Callisto Eclipse, so I knew their sound character! The problem was that I never got the chance to audition the IO, that was until last week! Yes, the IO has a completely different characteristics compared to the Xono, and I found its performance vastly superior.

Now that I am so impressed with it, I just placed an order for a set. Is the IO the best? Probably not, but it is the best that I have heard (which may not be many, but at least including the high-end FM and Boulder), that is, of course, to my ears only! YMMV :-)
Dear Thekong: I owned that MFA and heard the IO/FM/Boulder. IMHO no one honor in full the analog experience. Yes, you like what you like because that's what you learned but my subject is try to change a little about and see if it's worth, for me was and is full of rewards that " change ".

Why am I so in deep with analog when I know that digital alternative is so good today and growing up very fast?

Other than my 6-7K LPs the main reason is that through my today proccess I explained here I found out that the analog alternative still has land to explore if we improve substantial our system lowering each audio link distortions.

I don't have to buy the latest LOMC cartridges or the latest TT tonearm or electronics ( well it help me that all my audio friends are in the same " trend " that almost all of you and they bought the latest some borrowed cartridges to test it. ), with what I have now is ( for the moment ) enough due to that lower distortion system I achieved.

As I said: I want to explore the last boundary/frontier analog has for shows us and following the analog AHEE trend could be almost imposible to achieve that last boundary/frontier. Life is to short to be only an spectator, if we want to some day be enjoying that analog last frontier we have to be ACTORS and not mere lookerons.

IMHO, is time to stay away of that AHEE TREND tha's the wrong one and not because I say that. Take a look where we are " thank's " to that AHEE corrupted trend: with almost no grow in almost no single audio ling in the audio chain. Look at the other side look how fast growed and is growing the digital alternative when we analog lovers still thinking that the earth is flat and not because we are stupid to don't understand the earth is round but because the AHEE teaching and teached us that the Earth was and is flat!!!

We all are victims of the AHEE and that's why I say corrupted one becuase today they can change ( becausae they know everything I post here and in other threads and more more information that we can't imagine but that can help to start the growing up faster. ) its corrupted trend and they don't do it.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Gentlemans: It is each one of us money what the AHEE is using to follow HIS/ITS corrupted analog trend!!!!!!!

Certainly each one of us are the ones that are paying and are paying not for what we want or what we need but what the AHEE decide is " better " for us!!!! VERY FAIR, DON'T YOU THINK?

R.