Moving from CD to analog

Hello

I have always used CD as my front end and I am now looking to change to an analog front end. My system is a Gryphon Mirage preamp, Gryphon Colosseum power amp and Rockport Ankka speakers. My budget is 16K and would welcome any advise on TT, tone arms, phono stages and cartridges. I have no experience in this field so any help would be very much welcomed.
Kind Regards
Matt Hoult.
matthewhoult
Dear bMatthew: My questions were to figure in better way what could help you.

R.
I have set up my first TT it is a Rega Planer 3 borrowed from my older brother, it has the original tone arm and a new Rega cartridge, the TT was fitted with a new drive belt and a new set of Phono leads the TT then was set up by Rega themselves. I have borrowed a Trichord Dino phono stage from my local dealer, this is feeding my Gryphon Mirage pre amp and this feeds my Gryphon Colloseum power amp and then to my speakers Rockport Ankaa. I have played my first vinyl record tonight it was Jennifer Warnes The Well limited edition by Analogue Productions on a 45 pressing.
It sounded wonderfull very open and very rich sounding probably a little too rich and heavy this maybe down to the tonearm and cartridge settings?
Hifiharv

Thank you for the advise this will be my plan to stay clear from the low end of the market as my electronics and speakers are very good but likewise stay away from those ridiculously priced turntables this would only be a waste of money as I am new to vinyl and my experience is zero.
I guess I will book an appointment with my dealer and see what he recommends although I am having great results from the Regalaner 3, thanks again.
04-15-13: Wolf_garcia

Thank you for your kind response.
I will of course plan to keep all my CD's I have collected so many over the years and they mean a great deal to me. I have made a digital copy and they are stored on a hard drive, a painful but necessary process and you are correct the physical media is the best back up. The Linn have a great name in the world of vinyl they have been producing turntables for a long time and are highly regarded.
04-15-13: Jperry
Thank you for your reply.
I have not heard of Basis turntables I will check the website out and read some reviews, thank you.