Moving from CD to analog

Hello

I have always used CD as my front end and I am now looking to change to an analog front end. My system is a Gryphon Mirage preamp, Gryphon Colosseum power amp and Rockport Ankka speakers. My budget is 16K and would welcome any advise on TT, tone arms, phono stages and cartridges. I have no experience in this field so any help would be very much welcomed.
Kind Regards
Matt Hoult.
matthewhoult
Chayro
A good dealer sounds like sound advise but most of them only want to sell you what they want to sell you? I will try a new dealer and see how I get on. I have borrowed a Rega Planner and will listen to this to try and get a better understanding of the medium.
Matthewhoult...
"Zd542
Thank you for your reply. I have taken your advise and borrowed a Rega Planner turntable with original arm and a Ortofon cartridge I will give this some listening and see how I get on."

That's a very wise decision to take it slow. Here's a thought nobody has mentioned; with your size budget, if you spend $5 to $10K on hardware, think of all the vinyl you'll be able to buy with the remaining funds.
I'm glad you found my post helpful. When I just read through it again, it sounded a little negative. Didn't mean for it to come out that way. Just to clarify a bit, compare your situation to someone who says they want to get into high end audio and they have 50k to spend. You can send them out and get them something like a Krell/Wilson combo that is popular among audiophiles. It may turn out that they end up not liking that setup and would much prefer SE triodes and super efficient speakers.

That's the point I was trying to make. You could spend a lot of money and just get the wrong equipment for your taste. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. There's an old saying: Its pretty hard to screw up vinyl.
If you could not deal with the frustrations of a music server, then you should seriously reconsider whether you want to go vinyl. It is not very user friendly and requires a great deal of attention to optimize.