Simple & Cheap Way to Cut Turntable Vibrations

This OP is dedicated to Elizabeth, A'gon's paragon of audio economics and sensibility.

I accidentally discovered a way to substantially reduce bass and vibration feedback into my VPI Classic turntable. Oh, I have to thank my wife too. Last week my wife asked me to place padded furniture stickies under the feet of our bed to protect the hardwood floor.

I looked as these cheap gizmos and said to myself, I have a better idea. I place a padded sticky under each foot of my TT. I was amazed by how much it really reduced feedback. I even knocked on the el cheapo IKEA table on which I placed the TT -- no feedback. Trust me, the IKEA table is the worst place to put any audio equipment, especially a TT.

Try it folks and let the rest of us know what you think.
bifwynne
You see, place the TT on its own feet but have 3 balls under and adjacent to the feet.
The feet of the TT have to touch the table or stand.
The balls squashed there between the base of the TT and the stand absorb vibration.
The TT does not roll around because its feet are still touching the table.
Mike, Whatever floats your boat is fine. However, it would seem to me that having the feet touch the shelf defeats the purpose of the balls, to a degree at least. The TT feet afford an energy path that bypasses the balls, in both directions, altho a well designed TT foot could ameliorate the problem (in which case maybe you don' need no stinkin' balls).

Geoff, I used to know Dave Hadaway, the proprietor of DB Systems, 30 years ago when he lived near me. He is a very smart and creative guy. It seems to me he suspended his entire turntable from the ceiling using very long springs of some kind. It was quite a sight to see. I have no idea how he could level the turntable or whether he dampened the spring action. But the concept of isolating the turntable was way ahead of its time.
I disagree. Nothing is perfect but the balls btwn the table and the stand, with the TT feet touching, absorbs vibration.
Case in point.
I have a vacuum record cleaner that vibrates. I can feel it in the floor near the stand. I hear it. It is vibrating.
Now, I placed the balls captured there between the cleaner and the table and magically the machine is quieter and the floor doesn't shake.
The cleaner is partially suspended - by the balls!
It works, try it!
-Mike