Rebuilt Ortofon A90?

Ortofon offers a full rebuild of the A90 for around $2,200. According to the website: "Repaired cartridge is in fact a new product with a new motor." Has anyone had this done yet? If so, how did it turn out? Good as new?

Here's the link.

Thanks,
wrm57
Thanks, Peter. That's good to know. You did a great job on my Shelter 901 and Denon 103D a few years ago.

Bill
Well, that is indeed something to think about.
Ortofon Dealers (not the Manufacturer) will charge you $2000 for an already paid cartridge. But you don't get a work for 2k, the half of it is profit for your Dealer and the Distributor. All they do is to rewrite the address, that needs time.
A professional retipper charges his time only AND - maybe - he is able to improve the cartridge with better parts (Manufacturer rarely use the best parts available, why should they cut their profit and don't forget, A-90 Hype is dead and buried, the new King is Anna ....)
So, it could be (!) possible, that Soundsmith is able to make you a better cartridge - well, as long as the return address is not in Mexico or a Raul whatever..:-) - even when the result would not meet your dreams, you can still send it back to Ortofon.
It is worth to do a call, imo.
Update on this thread. I went ahead with the rebuild and received it back from Ortofon this morning. Turnaround time was exactly five weeks. I examined it thoroughly under a digital microscope and everything is aligned perfectly. Ortofon did a fantastic job. This is a new cartridge in everything but the housing, with a new serial number on the motor/generator assembly and the box, and the workmanship is first rate. Mounted back on my Tri-planar, it sounds wonderful--perhaps better than the original when new and notably quieter in the groove. I'm extremely pleased.