Linn LP12 vs. VPI Classic 1 and 3

As an owner of an LP12, I am considering an upgrade to a VPI Classic 1 or 3 or 4. I have heard a Classic 1, but not in my system. Have not heard the up scale Classic 3 or 4. So my question is- for those who have heard or own the Linn and have heard the VPI's, do they sound better than the regular Linn Lp12 with Valhalla ( my version),...can they and do they beat the Linn with Lingo, and do they compete with the uber Linn-LP12 Radikal/Keel? If so, which models of the VPI are the winners in these comparisons ( if that is the case at all).
128x128daveyf
Thanks for the compliment, Davey.

No, I didn't hear the other Classics. My dealer said the 2 was not that much of an improvement, just a little more convenience with VTA. Supposedly the 3 was a fair amount better with the better arm and chassis upgrades. But I can't comment from personal experience.
Most "philes have heard a well-set up Linn, problem is they don't stay that way for long.
It is not well-setup if it doesn't stay that way for long. A lie repeated enough times becomes the truth.
Agree with Headsnappin. A well set Linn, should and does stay well set up for a very long time. That has been my experience. Many myths have been propagated about Linn's in the past, quickly falling out of a good setup is one of them.