Oppo BDP-95 Weakest Link

Greetings, First time poster. I've been dragged back into this hobby and I am caught on the upgrade path. Currently my system consists of B&W 804S speakers, Bryston 7BST amps, Classe CP-700 amp w/phono stage, Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable with a undetermined Grado cartridge.

As I said, I'm tweaking and while I believe speakers are the fastest path to sonic improvement but maybe not the most cost efficient method. While the Oppo gets many great reviews I wonder if it isn't based on it's ability to do both audio and video. I don't especially care about the video.

I am now in the market for a gently used SACD player (own over 100 SACD's) and I'm narrowing it down to the Ayre C-5, Cary 306, or Esoteric X03 or X05. I've only listened to the Ayre at my dealer and was quite impressed. I'm assuming any of these units would be a substantial step up from the Oppo? Your thoughts?

Thank you
importer485
All the players you listed cost many times the price of an Oppo. IMHO, I believe the money will be better spent elsewhere.
Speakers? Amps? Would like to hear opinions. Have/had quite a few dollars tied up in equipment that didn't do it for me. Didn't research properly. The Oppo is a fine multi-purpose player and I will keep it for movies but music listening is my priority.
It's difficult to know what to suggest. You don't give us any idea about what you could spend. Anyway, my two suggestions are as follows:

1. Get the Oppo modified by Modwright. It will make a huge difference.
2. Look into much better speakers. If you need specific suggestions, ask - but be sure to provide info such as price range, speaker size, desire for bass, size of room, etc.

I wish you luck in getting the sound you're looking for!
Coincidentally I have a Technics 1200MKII (with a Grado Sonata) and an OPPO BDP-95 setup in a downstairs office system. The rest of the equipment is 'middle of the road' hi end stuff. Musical Fidelity M1DAC, Musical Fidelity M1Vinl, NAD C375BEE, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Dynaudio Focus 140's, Dynaudio SUB300, Nordost Heimdall speaker cables and interconnects, Shunyata Venom power cables all around. Let me catch my breath........okay I'm back. Now my opinion is this system I've pieced together is a harmonious l'il setup that lately brings me more joy then my 50 gazillion dollar upstairs system. Mostly because it's further away from the little monsters that inhabit the rest of my house. Now I don't really think there is a weak link in it. But if I were to point a finger....it sure as hell wouldn't be the Oppo. I'd sooner make the Technics walk the plank. I honestly don't know why you would not just get the OPPO and decide for yourself how weak it is. It's the easiest of the ones mentioned to obtain. It's only gonna run ya somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 for a like new one. Listen to it for a month. If you still think it's a weak link sell it for like $800 and watch it disappear within 24 hours.
I already own the Oppo and while its fine, I auditioned the Ayre and it seemed in a different league. The problem is that I realize my speakers are just ok and dropping $15,000 plus for new ones (leaning toward Wilsons or B&W 802 diamonds) causes a bit of angst. That's why I've been focused on the SACD Player. Why are all of my hobbies so expensive? Ha! I know it's my personal taste that will define my purchase but I like alternative viewpoints.