Vivid Audio Giya G1

Greetings!

If I can accept the looks of the Giya speakers, would I have a great candidate for a "last speaker"? I can find a lot of prices which the speakerbrand have gotten, that is cool, not so many "private" Reviews thought, since they seem a bit rare.

What I have head though is that:

1)Ported bass, whats your input? A bunch of people I´ve talked to says that a closed bass-construction have a "correctness" and that a closed have a "bloated" and slow bass.

2)There are rumors that the speaker elements of Giya are very fragile, what are your thoughts on it
Someone told me to knock on the cabinet and try to move it with two fingers to see it fall. I interpreted that this means that the speaker is not stable and hallow inside.

All feedback is appreciated. I am going to listen to this speaker soon.
128x128melchor

The G1 is an incredible speaker and with out a doubt is one of the best speakers in the world, regardless of price, but as with anything which is a personal choice you need to hear them for yourselves.

As per ported vs non ported bass the Giya's do not have a conventional port, they use a stuffed variable density transmission line tube concept in the Giya series this is the first time employed for bass.

The G1's bass is fast, dynamic, pitch accurate and goes way deeper than listed, I heard a CES demo where the ceiling lights fell out due to the pressure in the room, which was amazing!

The speaker elements are fragile but unless you are very careless, you should never need to replace them.

The cabinet is a high strength composite which is light weight due to the design of low energy storage in the cabinet, rather than using pure mass.
Definitely, have a listen. I heard a set at a show, and found the sound to be pretty swell. I put them as punching in the same league as the Raidho and YG offerings that I also loved – although the Raidhos were my clear favs, both the D1 and D2. Yes, please. (And, incidentally, found all three considerably more enjoyable than the mega-buck offerings from the likes of Wilson, Genesis, etc. But that's certainly a pretty random sampling, given the eccentricities one has to deal with at shows).

As for ported v. non-ported, think it’s impossible to make blanket statements about how either sounds across the boards. Either can be done right, and either can be done poorly. Think it all comes down to the execution in any given application.

Finally, the looks. Do not like. I couldn’t live with it. Full stop. I didn’t have the chance to try to knock one over, either. Generally, got the impression that sort of behavior would be frowned upon. But it didn’t look like it would be too difficult....
If you can get past the odd look of the design and think you could live with the strange shape long term - then auditioning the Vivid Audio Giya is a must. As Audiooracle notes the bass is deep. That said, like Mezmo, I have far preferred the more conventional look and the amazing sound of Raidho Acoustics loudspeakers.