Childproofing Speakers

I have a pair of Totem Hawks and a 8 month year old daughter who is now crawling and trying to use anything she can to help learn how to stand. Unfortunately, these are not the most stable speakers they are relatively light and have only three speaker spikes in a tripod like design.
Does anyone have any experience making these speakers more stable. I have been considering outriggers from Soundocity but this would only help protect from pushing left to right and not front to back. Also, I believe, but am not sure, that I would need to drill into the speaker base to use these outriggers.

Ideas?
128x128jkontuly
Tbooe is right. Also, a couple of sandbags on the stands for a piece of mind. My older kid had an obsession with pushing in the dust caps. I didn't want to have to raise a kid with no fingers...
I definitely need to get some grills. I used to have rainmakers like philjolet I came home to find my niece had pushed in both dust caps. Marakanetz are you saying that you basically screwed the totems from the underside of the mdf? I was thinking of doing something similar with a 2" piece of granite. I was planning on removing the claws and using Blu tak to attach the speakers to the granite but I am not sure if the Blu tak will hold up to my daughter pushing on them
I also had configurable child plastic fence in front of my system that prevented my daughter from going anywhere near the components. Works well.
I've been through four kids and now half a dozen grand kids. The "fence" works to an extent, but as they grow it becomes less effective.

If you have full size speakers with threaded inserts for the spikes, you have threaded inserts that will work pretty well to hold a broader base to the bottom of the speaker. It's just a matter of choosing a base material and popping the holes.

I'm now saying that this will withstand anything that you could throw at it, but it will help to prevent those blink of an eye "oops" situations.

I remember having to deal with this with my last child. I had Studio 40s on stands and those weighed 40lbs each. They were also pretty easy to knock over.

Personally, I just gave up on the whole situation. My wife wanted an entertainment center to keep things up and out of the way as well. I just resorted to using really small speakers on shelves in the entertainment center. I'm running Silverline Minuets now.
My suggestion is to get two 16” by 16”patio blocks… drill holes in the blocks that match the tripod dimensions using a masonry bit that is slightly larger than the spikes… get longer screws that are the same thread as the spikes… and from the bottom of the patio block screw (secure) the speakers to the block. The blocks are typically 1.75” thick and are pretty heavy. For about $10.00 what you end up with is a very stable base that looks like the stone base on the Sonus Faber speakers.