Better sound

Hi. Anyone using isolation platforms under their main speakers? I have Tekton Pendragon fronts and center which are truly full range. I'm still in the placement stage and having fun with their sound but wondering about the speaker "feet." I have hard wood floors so the whole spike thing will not work. Bought some Herbies big sliders but no floors are perfect and so........the speakers rock some due to the slight unevenness of the floor.
So, does anyone have experience with the newer Auralex Subdude HT?? I know they are advertised as "subwoofer platforms" but wouldn't they also do well with a full range front? Or is there a better solution? Thanks
128x128brianpack
I use a pair of extra large Symposium Svelte Shelves under my speakers. These are designed to dissipate vibrational energy as heat (vibration from the cabinet is transmitted into the shelf which has a rubbery core). This acts to tighten up the bass and reduce the amount of energy that is then transferred to the floor.

I have heard a number of setups that use such vibration dampening approaches and it is quite effective--provided that such dampening is desirable. Each setup is different, so this approach may actually make the sound too dry and analytical if additional dampening is NOT what is needed.

Experimentation is required.
As much as I like Auralex products; anything you place under your main/full range speaker, that allows the cabinet to move, will blur imaging and smear transient detail. Spikes are best(solidly anchoring cabinet/draining vibrations), generally adjustable, and can be placed on metal plates, to protect hardwoods(http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=my-myy&va=speaker+spikes+and+feet). Some enjoy cabinet colorations/vibrations and, "softer/more relaxed sound" , just as some enjoy the colorations of microphonic tubes. That's a matter of personal preference, and as some would say, "YMMV."
Larryi is spot on. Enter the Kef 105.2 with the isolastic driver mounts. Damping the drivers does produce a more analytical/dry and actually more defined response, but not as dynamic. The first series Kef's sounded much better. Rubber mounting speakers or drivers in any way shape or form makes no sense imo. You're simply defeating their purpose by doing so.
Just be aware that anything you put under the speakers that is taller than the existing spikes is going to alter the sound by moving your ears out of the vertical sweet spot. You may have to compensate for this by changing your listening height as well.

I would suggest putting some floor protectors between the spikes and your hardwood floors. Parts Express sells these, or you could just use pennies.

The Pendragon is a fine speaker BTW.