Does anybody have any experience with the JBL 1400

I have an opportunity to get a pair of these for a great price. I have listened to them a couple of times and liked them. I would be driving them with a Mcintosh 452 power amp. Any input would be appreciated
dethklok
2chnlben, I strongly disagree, they are very natural speakers, which means they are just beautiful with Ella, pure piano solos, string quartets. I have many competing, highly reveiwed "high end" (meaning accepted and politically correct) which the 1400s outdo in terms of naturalness and subtlety.

These strengths are easily as noticeable as the dynamics. Pointing toward dynamics and loud playing ability as the main strengths sell the speakers short. Yes, they do this but they are also very pure, very low grain, and natural.

I have to wonder: did you have them in your room? I do, and they are by far my least expensive speaker, but they are a joy.

I can safely say the same about my S4700s. And there's no horn colorations! JBL has done the Synthesis line the right way. It's definitely not some half-assed effort. The 1400 Arrays are a damn good deal as well.
@ Dave_72, Hi, Been meaning to ask, How long have you owned the S4700S ? ,Happy Listening.