Magico Comparison

I noticed that there is currently for sale a pair of Q3's for $23k and a pair of M5's for sale for $22.8. That is quite a discount from list on the M5's which retailed for $89k and a reasonable reduction on the Q3 list of $37k. Has anyone listened to both of these speakers? I think the Q3 sounds really great but I also have been very satisfied with my used V3s. It will be interesting to see if the tremendous depreciation that marked the previous generation of Magicos (Mini I and II, V2, V3 and particularly M5) occurs with this new generation of CNC machined enclosure units.
teeshot
USED Q1 vs USED M5?? I will definitley go for M5 if you have the room.

But I wont pay more than 15k for any of these 2 used speakers.
I think people have got a bit off track here.

I am not a fan with Magico having issues with them but some love them and I have no problem with that.

All I was trying to get at with my previous post about Magico and Rockport is the OP is looking at spending a considerable amount of money and with that sort of cash at risk it would be wise to have a listen to some other brands as well. That's it, that's all.

I have re-read the original post and think I misunderstood it at first reading - I thought at first the OP was asking for possible alternatives to the Magico's but now think he has made up his mind on the Magico's. That being the case I don't think the direction this thread has taken, namely Magico 'bashing' (for want of a better word) is what should be happening.

If anyone wants to Magico 'bash' feel free to start another thread and myself, and I am pretty sure others, will be only too happy to contribute.

Thanks
Bill
Onhwy61 says: "From reading this thread I've concluded that Magico is the new Wilson."

Right on! Not too refined (mass market does not need to be, but plenty of tizz in the treble, they reach out and grab you, and ads and reviews (is that redundant, "ads and reveiws"?) built the house.

Mass market product, pushed hard by $$.

Well said, Magico is the new Wilson. The Olive Garden of speakers.
What I meant by my earlier comment is that this thread reads just like various Wilson loudspeaker threads. "Should I buy a used Alexandria I or a new Sasha?" Wilson owners then say all the Wilsons are fantastic, but different sounding and Wilson haters beg to differ. Wilson owners then get overly defensive and take the criticism personally while the haters make go overboard and call Wilson a white van speaker. Yada yada, yada yada...

I've never heard any of the Magico loudspeakers, but I do have a question about them. Engineering-wise, if you have to go to that much effort to suppress cabinet sound, then why not get rid of the cabinet altogether?
I don't see any point in making this a Magico bashing thread, what will that serve? There are very proud and content Magico owners who have contributed to this thread.It they're happy that really is all that matters, I happen to love products that others may not care for, why should that bother me?

My reason for posting was to reply to Mariv26 who suggested that people are ignorant, closed minded and think the world is flat if they can't recognized Magico as a world class and state of the art speaker. That attitude struck me as ludicrous and narrow minded. He can admire the speaker all he wants but it's foolish to denigrate those who simply don't share his viewpoint. Whatever component you find that brings great sound into your home, buy it and be happy.If others have alternative impressions, that's life.
Regards,