Magico Comparison

I noticed that there is currently for sale a pair of Q3's for $23k and a pair of M5's for sale for $22.8. That is quite a discount from list on the M5's which retailed for $89k and a reasonable reduction on the Q3 list of $37k. Has anyone listened to both of these speakers? I think the Q3 sounds really great but I also have been very satisfied with my used V3s. It will be interesting to see if the tremendous depreciation that marked the previous generation of Magicos (Mini I and II, V2, V3 and particularly M5) occurs with this new generation of CNC machined enclosure units.
teeshot
Teeshot,

I used to own the M5 speaker and I have listened extensively to the Q3 and Q5. If it was me, and you have a larger room with top notch amplification, I prefer the M5 to the Q3 (anD perhaps the Q5 to the M5). While I agree to some degree with Peter, I find the sound of the Q3 to be a little lean sounding in the lower midrange and mid bass in comparison to either the M5 or the Q5. After longer listening sessions I found that not to be to my personal preference. The M5 to me was overall the better speaker.

Arnie
Peterayer,
You make a good point, Teeshot did inquire about Magico.The Rockport and Magico based on my listening to both brands are very different altogether and have little in common. What one likes is personal and subjective. I prefer Rockport but Teeshot may not and finds the Magico more to his taste.That's exactly why so many choices exist in High End audio.
Regards,
The Q3 is one of the poorer speakers Magico has made...not that I really like any of them. Audio is such a "what's new, I'm bored already" world these days, so the Q3 got lots of news. Wolf proclaimed to the top of his voice how much better the Q3 was over the M5. In reality, the M5 is a lot better in a musical sense and is one of the better Magicos ever made, maybe the best.

The Q3 will soon be yet another abandoned speaker by Magico, so the value there will suffer as much as the M5. M5 sounds better, better deal, nicer looking.

Inspect the M5 for delamination of the stacked ply, there was a problem with this on several units and he cannot fix them.
Peterayer, finally someone with common sense, I agree with you 100% and I don't own Magico.

Jwm, what speakers do you own?