Floor standing speakers under $1500.00

I have a 28 x 22 foot room with vaulted ceiling going from 8' to 20'. I listen to mainly classic rock, rock, jazz and blues. I am presently using a 2 channel 100 wpc Yamaha tuner but will eventually upgrade. I listen to vinyl, cd and internet radio. any suggestions on floor standing speakers. I am looking for a clean, honest sound image. I want the music to speak for itself.
peterjcm5
Paraneer, great response!! Step one is to eliminate as many choices as possible to narrow the field. You've started that with budget, next is 'basic flavor'. Some people like tea, some coffee. So horns or not would be my next choice. They have a flavor some love, some don't. Personally I think concert-going rockers like them because they simulate many speakers used at concerts, but I could be wrong. Anyway, they tend to be bright and focused, often efficient which benefits you with lower power in a large room.
Start there, report back what you like or don't like about what you listen too. You have to invest your time and effort to get your right answer. The best you'll get here is guidance and maybe answers to some 'why' questions, but the real work is yours to do.
Ecruz, I am also considering tekton lore/ lore-s. If you could forward your response to ketchup, I would be interested in your perspective.
I recommend a pr. of bookshelves plus a pr. of subs. Reason being is you have a much better chance of getting the 60/80hz frequencies and up suited to your taste. The pr. of subs can be optimized for blend with the bookshelves and 2 subs placed properly can level out bass peaks and dips somewhat.

The subs don't have to be a hugh investment unless you want to. Two small subs will usually out perform a single large sub because a single sub will most likely give you more pronounced peaks and dips in the low end. REL's T series subs are very good for the price and they look pretty darn good too.

With the floorstanders there is a great possibility you will have to make compromises that you may not like.