Tough decision, samsung Samsung PN65F8500 or

Panasonic TX-P65ZT65B, I'm having a hard time deciding, the Samsung seems brighter and sharper my family room is a little on the bright side, the Panasonic, blacks and colors are awesome.
your feedback would be appreciated.
thank you.
tesseract86
Internet use and also app use of the F8500 is very good. This I would normally not use. But wenn it is that easy as with the F8500, it is maybe worth it to use. Menu settings with the F8500 is a lot better and easy to use compared to the menu settings of the Panasonic. App's of the Panasonic is at a much lower level compared to Samsung.
Bo1972, I'm about to go to another store that has both TVs, I agree they may be set differently, but the two things that jumped at me was the sharpness of the Samsung, also they seem to be the first to achieve this level of brightness which is not seen on other plasmas, looks like a breakthrough to me, the blacks and colors are awesome, the contrast brings out a very pleasing depth as well. No doubt LED or LCD do not compare with plasma in my book.
thank you very much for sharing info about your Samsung F8500.
The Samsung F8500 plasma is the strongest screen in light output of the world at this moment. Also there is no led screen with almost 11000 ansilumen. The depth of the F8500 is f...aweseome. Even commercials is great to watch. For the money it is a bargain what it gives in quality and smiles on my face all the time!
I've seen both the 65" Panny ZT and the 64" Samsung PS64F500 at a local Best Buy.

The Sansung is brighter, no doubt. They both have exceptional picture quality, clearly better than the LEDs nearby.

If I had a dark room I'd buy the Panny, though it'd be only to get the extra 1" diagonal.

Since my room is pretty bright during the day, I'm going to get the Samsung during the black friday sales. Well, that's my plan anyway...
Wenn I read the articles about the way how people compare them. People Always make the same mistake. The focus is only at the black level. This is an important part, but only a part. Sharpness is very important as well, maybe even more important because the blacklevel is only a fraction better for the vt60 and zt60. White is a very important part. Samsung is a lot more clean compared to Panasonic. The extra light output sets the level in 3D image to a higher level. I have not seen this level at the VT60. We are talking about more depth without 3-d glasses. Take a look at video what is taken during daytime. Look at the realism it gives you. And compare the difference in definition during these video which are taken during daytime. People have to learn to look at more different parts. You see a lot of tv wich is taken during daytime or in a studio with losts of light.