Coincident Frankenstein mk.2 amps

Has anybody heard them with Druid V speakers? Do you think they will have enough power? I listen to mostly jazz, but also blues, rock, and classical. My listening levels are around 75 to 95db.
snopro
Am breaking in a wartime Tung Sol 5u4g rectifier tube as we speak to be used with Sylvania 6SN7GT Badboys real soon. Speaking of fuses, anyone try the new Audio Magic Super Fuse? There appears to be several fuse manufacturers vying for the top spot...
Hi Wu,

I tried a few different rectifiers and liked the Tung-Sol 5u4gb and Sylvania 5931 the best. The Sylvania is a beautiful built tube.

The Pvsane hi-fi 300b which came with the amps weren't bad, but the EML 300b XLS tubes are much better. They are more extended in the bass and treble have a organic,lively, open, sound which is very engaging. They don't sound slow to me.
I would love to try the Takasuki tubes some day, but are very expensive.

I changed the fuses to AMR gold fuses which sounded a little more natural. Sorry didn't try the Hi-fi Supremes.

Did anybody try different 6em7 tubes?

Wu, where did you purchase the Takasuki tubes, can you buy them straight from Japan? You can answer on my system page if you like.

I'm very happy with my Franks!
Joe,
I don't believe that the 6em7 offers much in choice availability.
I thought you'd notice more organic sound from the EML as it acquired hours. It has what I'd call natural warmth rather than 'adding' warmth. The KR 300 XLS is definitely warmer but I feel that the EML XLS is the more natural and honest.
Charles,
It has Charles, just compared to the Pvsane it has the qualities I described and I mentioned organic: wink.

Best,
Joe
Hi Charles,
Yes I definitely agree that we all listen to music in our own ways. Probable reasons I have the discrepant opinion on the EML were I) mine is EML 300BM (mesh), not XLS (I am not sure how they are different though), and ii) my ears are somewhat familiar with fast SS amps such as Soulution and Dartzeel. My current system is really simple. The Frankensteins are fed by DCS Vivaldi DAC and they drive Voxativ Amppeggio Signature. These are not most popular ones, but I am extremely fascinated by this 101dB, 11 ohm, single driver speakers. In my system, the 16 ohm tap is much better than the 8 ohm just like you said. While comparing those two taps, I felt the similar thing I noticed when I exchanged Tung-Sol rectifier to EML 5u4g. (if you are still tempted by the EML, you already know who is going to sell them to you Haha!) Thanks for the stock specification of the fuse.

@Isochronism Hahaha

Hi Joe,

Yes I bought the pair directly from Japan where one of my friends lives. I cannot say anything exactly because it seems the -XLS could be quite different than the -M, but the Takasuki is at least worthwhile to try in my opinion. Yes they are expensive...but we may have to spend much more money to achieve the same amount of improvements one can expect from the Takasuki-Just my thought.
My experience about the input tubes are very limited. Just tried GE NOS and Sylvania NOS, but didn't hear the difference.

Happy listening!