Coincident Frankenstein mk.2 amps

Has anybody heard them with Druid V speakers? Do you think they will have enough power? I listen to mostly jazz, but also blues, rock, and classical. My listening levels are around 75 to 95db.
snopro
Hi Joe,
Did you ever try different fuses in your Frankensteins? I hope the amp turned out to be what you were expecting.
Charles,
Hi Charles,
Yeah, I put AMR gold fuses in. It was a worthwhile improvement. I'm loving
the amps, after 35 years in this hobby I finally am really content with my
system.
It sounds so natural, organic, and so full of life. I stopped analyzing and
just enjoy the music. I'm in a good place right now,thanks to you and others
on this forum!
I played around with different rectifiers and like the tung-sol 5u4gb and
sylvania 5931 the best. After the holidays I'll try and spring for the
Takatsuki's, but the EML 300b XLS are very nice.

Best,
Joe
"I stopped analyzing and just enjoy the music" Joe, you couldn't have summed it up any better than that. If you get the Takatsuki you'll be very pleased but I've really come to realize how good the EML XLS is. The truth is that you can't go wrong with either of these fine tubes. Regarding fuses, the Synergistic Research Quantum is an excellent replacement in the Frankenstein. Good to know the AMR works out well also.
Charles,
Charles/Joe,

Thank you for the useful discussion about the tubes on the Frankenstein Mk ii. I just want to add my 2 cents because I had chance to try some rectifiers (RCA 5U4GB, Tung-sol 5U4GB, and EML 5U4GM), and output tubes (Psvane 300BT, 300BT-II, EML 300BM, and Takatsuki TA-300B).
To my ear, the Tung-sol/Takatsuki was the best by far out of all the combinations I have tried.
Rectifier: the RCA 5U4GB was the close second. As for the EML 5U4GM...I don't know... it added little more bass to my system, but that was all. It immediately killed three dimensionality, dynamics and transparency which had been easily conveyed by the Tung-sol.
Output tubes: In my system, the sound from Psvane was fast and nimble which I enjoyed. EML 300BM added more liquidity,musicality and authority in the bass, but it was not my cup of tea-little too slow. Takatsuki? As soon as putting them into the slots...I immediately talked to myself; That's it. Beautiful texture in every frequency range, significant musicality, no artificial exaggeration at the bottom (which I felt from EML 300BM), but still fast and tight notes with excellent tonal balance. I think this is the very best.

By the way, have you ever tried HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses for the amp? I would appreciate if you can give me any comments on that. Do you know the specfication of stock fuses?

Thanks!
Wu
Hi Wu,
Thanks for your impressions especially regarding the EML rectifier 5u4g. I
have thought about it but hesitated due to the cost of them .
We all hear differently as has been said many times. I really admire the
Takatsuki ( that's no secret) but in my system the EML XLS just shines and
competes with the Takatsuki closely. I don't hear the short comings you
point out. I'm happy to have both as well as the AVVT 32b. All three make
beautiful music in my Frankenstein. As far as rectifier tubes are concerned
I've used the Sylvania and RCA and didn't notice a significant difference.
Wu what speakers are you using with your Frankenstein? I've only used the
Synergistic Research Quantum fuses and they are an improvement in the
amplifier. 3 amp slow blow.
Charles,