Coincident Frankenstein mk.2 amps

Has anybody heard them with Druid V speakers? Do you think they will have enough power? I listen to mostly jazz, but also blues, rock, and classical. My listening levels are around 75 to 95db.
snopro
Joe,
What were the main differences you noticed or had to accommodate /
adjust to between the First Watt(25watt SS) and the Frankenstein amplifiers
(8 watt tube) if any ? Very different designs that I find interesting.
Charles,
Hi Charles,
If you mean main differences in sound, the two amps don't sound vastly different. The First Watt is Class A single- ended using Jfet output transistors, which is a pretty rare bird.

The amp circuit acts somewhat like a tube amp. The amp loses half it's output at 4ohms & 16ohms. With my Druids V I only have 13 watts of power, which was plenty.

They are both lively engaging amps. The J2 goes deeper and has more slam. The Franks have better texture.The leading edge is more pronounced but does not have the sustain of the Franks on the trailing edge. Midrange is pretty close. The Franks are more liquid sounding with more air. Both amps have excellent treble. I think the Franks with the EML 300b XLS tubes gives a little more extension and refinement. The J2 has a touch more grain.

They both throw a wide deep layered soundstage and have excellent see thru qualities, which extracts very fine details and you can see deep into the soundstage.

I really enjoy both amps and will keep them both. Hopefully with more time the Franks midrange will flesh out even more. Would love to hear the old WE 300b & your Takatsuki's.

Can you tell me what is the fuse size? I would like to upgrade the fuses.

Best,
Joe
Hi Joe, thanks for sharing your impressions of these two fine amps. At 150 hours your Frankenstein will gain some gradual but noticeable improvement. The Takatsuki, Sophia Royal Princess are a "bit" warmer sounding and likely so is the Psvane WE Replica. I find the EML to be an excellent top to bottom tube with exceptional drive and dynamic abilities(still organic and not analytical). It plays to the strengths of the Frank's openess, tansparency and lack of colorations. Israel really likes the Psvane so it must be very good.
Charles,
Joe I'm not home right now but believe the fuse is 3 amps, slow blow and the short length version. The fuse is very essy to access on the rear of the amp.
Charles, I'll give Israel a call mine look like 1.6 amp, but it's hard to make out.