What happened to Jfox

There was once an active contributor to the Audiogon Forums who went by the name Jfox. He was a very knowledgeable audiophile who had a very fine system: Sound Lab A-1 speakers, Aesthetix Io phono, Calisto pre,and Cat amps. He was a fine writer who contributed a lot. Since around 2005, he seems to have dropped out of sight. Does anyone remember him and know what happened? I would appreciate hearing. Thanks, Tom
twb2
J.D., it's always good to hear from you my old friend! I hope you and your family are well, though I know that you are still waiting.
Thanks for the update on John. Next time that you see him, please tell him I said "Hello".

Interestingly enough part of my extended absence from this site a couple of years ago was due to a temporary work transfer to Southern California as well. Work is getting harder and harder to find these days. I'm glad I am not younger!!

Cheers,
John

PS: Now that you mention Kelly and his legal work, it did jog my memory. I believe that you are correct again.
While on the subject, how about audiofeil. He kept things interesting, that's for sure. His audio store's website is still active.
I had an e-mail discussion with John a couple of months ago and as Jade mentioned, he is indeed alive and well in the land of gold (CA).

Several years ago, I began communicating with John because he owned the same amps and speakers as I. I was seeking to obtain some of his tube rolling experience and he provided it in spades. Interestingly, as with any good tutor or teacher, John made me do some of the heavy lifting along the way by doing some homework etc., but because he and I think about that subject quite alike, I enjoyed the challenge and the research it entailed.

Although John and I have communicated via e-mails many times over the last few years, we have never formally met. Be that as it may, John suggested that I try some interconnects for which he was quite fond, and sight unseen, and without funds exchanged, John sent me his quite expensive IC’s. I realize that one can gain a feel for someone else via e-mail, but there is always a risk associated with such endeavors and I appreciated John’s vote of confidence and very kind and generous offer more than he knew!

That lending experience, and John’s posts, reviews, and off-line suggestions have made me a more knowledgeable audiophile and have enabled me to significantly improve my system.

I look forward to the day when the time becomes more conducive for John to again post on the ‘Gon with the frequency and aplomb some of us have come to expect!

Best Wishes and thanks for your friendship all your help John!

-Mike
I believe some valued contributors to this and similar sites may reach a saturation point and find that topics/debates become redundant and non productive. How much more can be said about certain popular topics such as tube-solid state, digital-analog, high power-low power amps, box -panel-horn speakers,silver-copper etc. They eventually find other areas of interest to pursue, while still enjoying listening to music minus the talk about audio equipment.
Regards,
I am a newcomer here but already quite appreciate the many knowledgeable members who contribute, and do so with tact. After being a member of the avs forum for several years, I left there tired of the bickering and small mindedness that occurs regarding science and double blind testing.

There is difference of opinion here too of course, but it's handled with respect and maturity. The knowledge is really appreciated too.