NAD M2 with Sonus Faber Cremona Ms

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M's and I looking at powering them with the NAD M2. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about pairing Sonus Faber with this amp?
zedak
NAD may have made their name with budget products, but the M2 is not and does not sound like a budget product, IMO. It was an all-out assault on the reasonably-priced high-end, using a new technology that has many advantages. It's not your grandfather's digital amp.

The M2 has received near universal praise from professional reviewers (TAS, Stereophile, Hifi News, 6Moons) as punching way above it's price class. The trickle down has the 390DD performing similarly, but with less power and a cheaper price tag (and maybe somewhat smoother/ softer in the highs). The M2 will have no problem driving your SF speakers and can be found used for just a little over your budget.

I use an M2 in a system with $35K speakers, and find it a good match. Like many SF designs, these speakers (Peak Consults) are elegant and slightly warm through the mids and a little soft on top. The M2 replaced a well regarded $4K amp and gave me more of everything I value. It's quiet, dynamic, neutral while allowing for good tone, and controls bass lines with an iron fist. No, it doesn't sound like a tube amp, but it should be kept in mind that these NADs are (true) digital amps taking a digital input, and the volume control does not lose bits or affect the sound quality in any way I can determine.

Whether it will float your boat (or anyone's) or match with your speakers in the way you like is a different matter. But I'd be hard pressed to recommend a similarly priced integrated to try that obviously betters it. Maybe the Modwright or Pass or Hegel or Ayre will give you a take you like better, and if you already have a really good digital set up, or want to spin vinyl, the NAD may not be your best option. But otherwise, I'd consider giving it a spin.
And FWIW, I've had no problems with mine....
Richards - glad the M2 works for you.

I believe the M2 uses Mosfets and the 390DD use a digital switching technology for amplification. It is a little hard to nail down the 390DD amplification technology from the NAD website. But they fact that they do not discuss the A and AB design of the M2 when discussing the 390DD amplification makes me believe the reports of it being a switching technology are true. If it really is a switching technology, then the 390DD is a trickle down in the digital/analog processing but not in the amplification.
I am sure the 390DD is a excellent piece, but I also know that many people are not convinced that switching technology amps sound as good as traditional designs.

I like NAD equipment and it probably would do a fine job with the Cremona M, at that price point. Against $10,000 electronics, which are commonly used with the Cremona M, I think there may be other options. Hence, my original comment. Actually listening is the only way to be sure.
I've had a NAD C 390DD for a couple months now driving KEF LS50s. I know these are no Cremona Ms but I'm sold on the NAD Direct Digital amps. This thing is nothing short of a revelation. The M2 is also uses Class D amplification and the C 390DD benefits from the trickle down technology as well as a few improvements. I'm honestly amazed more these two amps are not more popular. I'm certainly a convert.
809nola - Glad you like your M2.

I do not believe the M2 uses Class D amplification. At least according to what I read on the NAD website the M2 uses traditional Class A and Class AB technology, not Class D.

It really looks to me like the 390DD uses the M2 digital front end technology but changes the amplification stage for A/AB to D. I may be wrong, but I think the 390DD introduces Class D into the line.

If you have different information, please let me know. I really like NAD products, but the M2 and the 390DD are new to me.
So guys, I stand corrected. Both the M2 and the 390DD use Class D switching technology. The NAD M2 descriptions all contain a comment of combining Class A and AB noise levels with digital technology. The Class A/AB line refers only to the noise level, not to the technology used. My mistake. NAD has dropped that terminology from the 390DD descriptions. Those descriptions lead me astray.

The 390DD is indeed a trickle down from the M2, with less power and more digital inputs, like USB. My apologies.

From what I have read, the 390DD is a very worthy option at its price point. However, I am not yet ready to put it up against electronics at 4 or 5 times its price driving the Cremona M. But as Richards points out, it really depends on how each one sounds to you and how how its digital input structure fits with your existing digital/analog equipment. And, as always, how much you can afford to spend.

Good luck with your Cremona Ms.