Manufacturer Repairs? What is a reasonable time?

I sent a solid state amp back to the manufacturer in the USA on March 16 for a minor repair - one channel input not working - despite 4 phone calls and 4 e-mails - he hasn't even started the repair. Doesn't respond to emails but does answer the phone and says he is busy and is alone. I Will not identify him yet, since I'm not sure what the "norm" is, since I have always been thoroughly spoiled by Bel Canto, Atmasphere, CJ, AR, acoustic Zen, Cambridge, EAR, who respond immediately and usually have my unit back in 2 weeks. So when do I start to play "ugly", realizing that the economy is bad and manufacturers may be struggling?
springbok10
It's time to identify this company! Three months is absurd. You will be doing the audiophile community a service. No one should be subject to this kind of abuse. Please send my comment on to this idiot.
I waited 3 months for an amp to be repaired about 8 years ago. The amp sat on the floor for 6 weeks before they even looked at it. The company that did this was one of the ones you have listed as spoiling you in the past.
Springbok10, did the manufacturer give you an estimate before shipping the amp? If he didn't mentioned possible delays, then I have to agree with Jmcgrogan2.
I sent in my Ayre CD player for a repair and up-grade. It has been six weeks, and it took a week of no responses before I learned to hang on the line and reach a person, instead of leaving a message that was ignored. I did expect it to take a while, and I called a week ago and it was on a bench. So, I am in limbo because I expected it would take two months, and it seems to be going as I expected. I think that means either they are very busy with new products, or have an understaffed repair department. I am willing to wait because it is such a great product, and nice, when you get them. I would like to plug PS Audio...I sent them an email about installing a power plant and I got a response in less than ten minutes!! Springbok10, I believe you are in the market for a new amp. At this point I would not expect it to be repaired, and I think you should use their name to protect others. Then again, some times we are just unlucky.
Three months is a long time, but it's not outrageous. Before going nuclear make an effort to clearly express your displeasure to the proprietor and offer them the opportunity to make it up to you. A firm return date is what you're looking for. If he won't provide that, or misses the date with no explanation, then do what you have to do.

It's worth noting that if we try to put out of business every audiophile company that screwed up something with a particular customer there wouldn't be any audiophile companies left standing.