Mark Levinson 333.5 vs Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblocks

We are pushing Thiel 3.6 speakers with our dual-monaural Mark Levinson 333.5 amp. we are considering a switch to the Emotiva XPR-1 Monoblocks. Does anyone have actual experience with both the 333.5 (or 333) and the XPR-1's?

If not with the Levinson amp, then any experience vs. the XPR-1's with another higher end amp?

We have 2-30 watt receptacles ready for the job in hand. Also have 20 amp receptacles. Both services are on dedicated circuits.
levchappy
Well, it looks that the Emotivas are, at least, a viable alternative. Still, I would take what they say with a grain of salt, as I would the word of any manufacturer's representative.

If you have the wild hair to try them out, let us know how it goes. I just wouldn't sell the Levinson until after I heard the Emotivas. That way, all you're risking is the price of shipping on 200+lbs of amplifier.
Tonyangel;

"If you have the wild hair to try them out, let us know how it goes. I just wouldn't sell the Levinson until after I heard the Emotivas."

There in lies the dilemma. No sell, no buy.
Bo1972;

You would be surprised the improved in the cherished characteristic when I had a 30 amp service installed for the 333.5.

I have read 30 different opinions from Sunday about Pass, Krell, Levinson, Electocompaniet, Jeff Roland, Linn, etc. Each system requires different parameters to sound it's best.

It takes 300 hard hours to break in an amp, cables, and speakers etc. A lot of folks make quick judgments without doing the due diligence required to maximize gear.

I began making my own cables and killed $1,000 cables which turned the system into all the things that is presumed to be lacking with the 333.5.
Hi, Not that this matters!, I got offended when the emotiva rep compaired his xpa-1 mono blocks to Krell!, I will say this one time!, their xpa-1 monos will never out perform my krell 700cx amp, that is BTW, a mono amp design in one chassis!, case closed!, cheers!
the latest ML amps are better in sound compared to the older ones. But still I miss the deep and wide stage like Pass Labs does. For me the absolute sound is: sound realism of instruments like they sound in real. A very deep and wide stage. Within this stage an extrem sharp individual focus of all instruments and voices. Lot's of black what gives you the 3d touchabel image. Excellent timing and a lot of details. Wenn I visit people with very expensive sets and there is not depth in there sets. You do not understand music. And the most important thing ( and impressive part) in highend audio. This is the level in 3 dimensional touchable image.