ARC vsi75 versus ARC reference 75

It may be too early to answer this question, but any ARC dealers out there might have an opinion. I am planning my reaching 65 and not pegging out, semi retirement present. It was going to be the ARC reference 75 power amp with LS17 pre, which I heard at a small show recently. The 75 really does have something magical about it.

Now ARC are trying to make my life more complicated by bringing out an integrated based on the reference 75. I have an integrated now and would love to stick to an integrated amp, so the question is how close would they be in performance. 75 watts is more than enough to drive my 96db sensitivity Daedalus speakers. Thanks
david12
"If you are set on the ARC gear then I would guess that the separates will outperform the integrated but would step up the linestage to an LS 27 at a minimum--even if that meant going with a less costly amp."

I agree.
I am sure they both sound wonderful and that you would be happy with either one. If you really want a one-box solution then the Integrated is the obvious answer. And I also agree with dodgealum concerning his pre-amp suggestion.

Chuck
I am going to compare them in the store, when the integrated is in, I will report back. To change the subject slightly. I don't know anything about the hierachy of ARC Pre's. I know the LS27 is better than the LS17, how about some older units like an LS 26, how would that compare with a 27. This is just if I do find the separates are clearly better than the integrated
Well I went for an audition today and unfortunately, it was'nt close. The VSi75 did'nt have many miles on the clock and the Ref 75 was matched with an LS27, not a 17, which the dealer did'nt have. The difference was really quite stark, the integrated was closed in, dull in comparison, lacking any drive. The Reference 75 which also was'nt fully run in was alive, a wide deep soundstage, great detail and tonal richness, just a wonderful sound.

So I ordered the Ref 75. Thanks for all your input.
Well that wasn't a fair fight. No way that integrated had a
chance against the LS27 and the Ref 75.