Musical fidelity Nu Vista M3 vs Ayre AX-7e

Dear AGon fellows,

I am going to upgrade my MF M1 DAC/V-Link to Ayre QB-9 24/96 soon. I am currently having Nuvista M3 connected to M1 DAC via unblanced RCAs. As I heard Ayre QB-9 will perform the best only if unblanced XLR is used. So I am not considering let my M3 and get a matching AX-7e. My question is, is it definitely worth doing, please share some of your advices on Ayre vs MF integrated. I know the power handling are totally different, but considering all the factores, which set up can give me the best SQ for classical/jazz music.

Many thanks!
dancingking
Its a very hard question to answer. I've had both brands and can say that they sound very different from each other. Personally, I think Ayre is much better. Thats what I currently use. If I were you, I would try to listen to some Ayre gear first. Just because I like it doesn't mean that you will. What speakers are you using? That may be the deciding factor. Also, Ayre does sound better balanced, but that wouldn't be the sole factor in making a decision. Ayre products still sound good when they are mixed with SE components.
It depends of your speaker. The have both one thing in common. They both do not have a very deep and wide stage. That is why they are both never gonna get to the Essentials of the absolute sound. They are good, but not exeptional.
I am talking about talents/properties of amps. Every brand and even single unit has it's own properties/talents. Wenn you compared amps, sources, spakers and cables etc for 15 years in hundreds of tests you understand the differences between them. I have own Nu-vista, sold a lot of MF and even done audio shows for MF. I can compare many brands and know exactly the difference between them.