Preamp for Parasound A21?

Just got a pair of Thiel CS2.4 and want to pair them with Parasound A21. However, I don't really like any of Parasound's preamps. The JC2 is very nice but overpriced (to my pocket anyway). The other Parasound pre's don't really interest me. I don't really hold out much hope for the forthcoming P5 either.

Anyway, can you suggest a pre around the $2000 mark that will mate well with the A21 and the Thiels? Also wondering if a tube pre might be a good idea in this context? Would much appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
agm
Thought I'd update this thread since I have a Parasound Halo A21. When I first got it 2 years ago I ran an Oppo 95 straight into it. The result was pretty good but any digital source with volume is going to have limitations at lower volumes, and plus I wanted an option for a turntable and iphone. I'm running Paradigm Signature S6 speakers, pretty decent stuff with great top end resolution but can be brightish with the wrong amp/pre combo. I'm using Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables and Morrow Audio mid grade connects(m3?)

I waited around for Parasound to update their P3 since some of the owners reviews just weren't that great, and the 2100 seemed to almost match it for hundreds less. Finally the P5 came out, but I've had to wait a while for financial priorities to come around. In the mean time I used a NAD integrated as the pre, the C372. I also tinkered with the C326CEE, and liked them both for different reasons, but in the end thought it a bit of a waste to use an integrated for a pre.

So I had most of the money put aside for a P5 when locally a P7 came up for sale used and for pretty much the same money. I couldn't make up my mind, but after kicking it around with a few posters on a couple of forums went for the P7. I am presently waiting for it to come, should be here in 3-4 days. For anyone interested, I'll share my impressions. The P7 is said to have a great analog section and though it'll be for mainly 2 channel, I'll swap it into my theater system on the odd weekend.
The P7 finally arrived, and I put it into my 2 channel system as listed above. I posted my results elsewhere, I hope it's okay to post them here too.

I just finished a listening session of about an hour of everything from Yoyo Ma to The Mission soundtrack to old 70's Elton John and more. First of all, it sounds simply gorgeous with the A21. A good step up from the NAD C372 I had been using as pre(until I recently sold it to fund this purchase) and the Oppo 95 connected directly to the amp.

Early on I got an idea and started listening to tracks that I know sounded unimpressive with my previous gear. The Mission soundtrack, from 1986, was one such example. Also this Best of David Bowie CD that was so bright and digital sounding it was really offputting. Also some Martina Mcbride which although had good production, her voice was somewhat sibilant on a couple of tracks with the Emotiva XDA/XPA combo I started my journey off with. What some others have said about Emotiva was that it revealed whatever was in the recording, and crappy stuff really sounds bad.

Not sure about that, and I wouldn't say any of the above was truly awful, but with the P7, the Mission for instance was much better. I could place sections of the choir and there was depth to the stage I haven't noticed before. There was more detail or resolution and it added to the experience. I was also impressed with the improvement of the old Elton John Best of, material from the early 70's. Piano, drums, bass all just sounded more real and better placed. I don't know what specifically made it better, but man, this thing is the real deal. From what I've read, the P5 and P7 would be pretty close, with the P7 having a better phono section. All I know is this is the second Parasound component I've purchased, and it's another winner.

I also listened to tracks that are favorites of mine for their excellent production and sound. One impression was that it was all so clean and uncluttered and clear sounding. i wasn't listening to speakers anymore, the superiority of the imaging gave that impression. I haven't tried the 7.1 capabilities or the phono section but I feel like I hit a home run with this addition. It's really well built and looks great, I'll never go back to variations of flat black again!

Many of you no doubt already have with your gear what I've been missing. I'm sure that there are many good manufacturers out there, so what I'm describing may be something you already have. All i can say is Parasound is one such option. There is really good synergy with their preamps and amps. Happy listening!
A follow up as I thought I'd test the P7 in my theater system. I have an Opp 103 doing the processing and sending the video straight to the projector, taking out the Onkyo TX SR876 which was being used as the processor/preamp. The Parasound takes the 7.1 analog audio from the Oppo and sends it to the Outlaw 7125.

At first I thought the sonics were pretty close comparing the Onkyo to the Parasound. But then I recognized that the Parasound's reproduction was imaging better. The effect was that the sound stage improved and the speakers disappeared. It has better specs than the Onkyo, but maybe it is just as simple as moving the video and processing out of the same box as the analog switching. Whatever it is, Parasound really has an excellent sounding product here.