Preamp for Parasound A21?

Just got a pair of Thiel CS2.4 and want to pair them with Parasound A21. However, I don't really like any of Parasound's preamps. The JC2 is very nice but overpriced (to my pocket anyway). The other Parasound pre's don't really interest me. I don't really hold out much hope for the forthcoming P5 either.

Anyway, can you suggest a pre around the $2000 mark that will mate well with the A21 and the Thiels? Also wondering if a tube pre might be a good idea in this context? Would much appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
agm
The Wyred4Sound STP-SE. State of the art Preamp for $2K. A reviewer of the STP-SE two years ago put it up against the Esoteric C-03 Preamp which cost $10K. In the same sound room, the STP-SE trounced the Esoteric. It has tremendous detail, large soundstage deep and wide, and will bring out the very best of the A21. Very smooth and grain free. Killer Pre-amp for the price.
If you are willing to go used, have a look at these: Ayre K5, VTL 2.5, CJ premier 18, BAT 3. You should be happy with any one of them.
Good suggestion, thanks. Would the CJ ET3 or CJ pre-Classic be able to fill the role?