Pre amp for Pass Labs XA30.5 – Tube or SS

I’m updating my system from the bottom up and have settled on the Pass Labs XA30.5 for power amp. The speakers are a pair of Harbeth C7-es3. Now I’m debating between getting a tube or solid state pre amp. Below are the ones I consider:

SS pre amps - Pass XP10, Ayre K-5xeMP

Tube pre amps – Audio Research Ref 3, LS27 used, LS 26, LS-17SE; Conrad Johnson ET-3, ET-3SE used, Premier 17; Leben pre amp.

Can you share your experience in any of these pre-amp with Pass Labs power amps? Any other SS or Tube pre amp that are worth exploring? Obviously, the Audio Research Ref 3 and LS 27 command a higher price.

I’m looking for a good synergy between pre-amp and power with correct output/input impedance matching. Music I listen include: vocal – both female and male, jazz, pop, chamber, symphony, etc. I’m looking for full-body mid, solid bass and extended treble, accurate sound stage, with a focus on vocal presentation.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
r0817
Onemug,
Your success with and preference for the CJ over the Pass line stage makes my simple point, at some point you just have to listen.
Charles,
Absolutely.

The value I do see in forum advice (if it's not agenda driven or heavily biased) is that sometimes you can't listen before you buy so you gather as much info as you can (hopefully from people like yourself) and take your best shot.

I've used this phrase/formula before but I think it's time to mention it again:

Hypothetically: If 100 people heard my system while alternating between a ss and tube preamp, 95% may prefer the tube pre but you might be one of the 5% that prefer the ss.

95% doesn't make it right, your ears make it right. BUT if you can't listen first it's probably safest to go with the odds.
Onemug have you heard the ET-5 ? I also enjoy the sound of cj pre-amps and feel they make one of the best sounding pre amps in the business. I would go with one of their tube amps but not sure I want to deal with power tubes especially given how good the Pass XA series sound.

Chuck
Czbbcl,

Haven't heard the ET-5. I would guess it's pretty nice. I sure like mine paired with the XA's.