ARC D-115: What tubes and cables?

Hello all, I am seeking input on which tubes and cables will help in providing neutrality and extension in the highs for this amp. The tube complement is SED 6550 with 50% life in them and brand new Gold Lion and Sylvania NOS for the driver tubes. My dealer suggests KT88s slhould be next.
Any input would be appreciated!
128x128wahwah
No KT88s for D-115. SED 6550s are good, but must be matched. I liked RCA clear top 6FQ7s. Tubes from Audio Research will give you the most neutral sound, but they will cost you plenty.
Agree with Rrog SED's, Winged C's, 6550WE or Philips 6550. The amp was voiced with the Philips. Prefer the GE 6FQ7's for stock. RCA Black Plate 6FQ7/ clear top for nos. If this is a D-115 plain and not the MKll, 7308's instead of 6922's for drivers.
You can't find real new old stock 6550s anymore. There may be a precious few here or there but the cost will be comensurately high. I don't know why you guys don't like the KT-88. It is a very good tube and the current production Gold Lions produce beautiful music in the systems I have used them in.
If you insist on 6550 output tubes they will also have to be Russian. I don't care for the 6550 sound so I can't suggest one over another. I think I have an amp that has EH6550s in it. It is in storage so I can't say for sure. I didn't like them that much I remember.
The drivers are another story good NOS should be "findable". Has an yone thought about using the KT-120s in an older ARC?