Hypex Ncore NC1200 Amps at NY Audio Show in April

This is a BIGGIE! Both based on the Hypex Ncore NC1200, the Mola-Mola Mono Amps and the Merrill Audio Veritas Mono Amps will be at the NYC Audio show in April. The Mola-Mola with Vivid Speakers and the Veritas with Raidho and Sanders Sound Speakers, all in separate rooms.
128x128hifial
Guido, you are wright about the adudtion of the Mola-Mola. Unless they change what I have been told. There is a dealer in NJ I have spoke to and was told I could addition the Mola-Mola.

Unfortunately I have been dealing with a back problem since last July that got worse to the point of having to have a operation. The last six weeks of recovery is going well and God willing I will be at the NY Show in April. So that is were I will hear them.

As much as I want to hear the Mola-Mola I have also wanted to hear both the Vivid and Raidho. This new Diamond Driver that Raidho is using sounds very interesting.
Its first break up is at 20khz! It seems to me using this driver and their tweeter it would be like one seamless point source! If the bass goes low enough and is tight and "full/deep", WOW. I like the KEF Blade but the bass is just short of what it should be. At these prices a speaker should give it all to you.

Till later.
Hi HifiAl, I really hope your back lets you attend and enjoy the whole NYC show.... Just do not try to lift one of those Vivid or Raidho speakers whilst bending dangerously!

The good news may be that the Mola-Mola amps at a little over 20 Lbs per chassis may be even marginally kinder/gentler/back-friendlier than the Veritas.

Saluti, Guido
I've been reading posts from Hifial and Guidocorona for months. I wouldn't call them totally unbiased since both have their favored brands, But I never doubt their integrity and enjoy reading their posts on class d technology/brands.

I think both are just very knowledgeable and enthusiastic followers of class d happenings. I think any biases they may possess are based honestly through personal experience and listening comparisons. I would absolutely trust either one of their listening impressions to be informative and valid.
On second thought, I would call them discriminating listeners rather than biased ones.

Thanks,
Tim
Tim, nice post. I too have found Guido and Al to be helpful, informative, as well as speaking for the new third choice in amplification. Not exactly an easy task with the immediate skepticism that accompanied the advent modern switching amplifiers.

I also believe the Stereophile review and subsequent A rating of the $1500. PS Audio HCA-2 not only informed, it seemed to spark the great class D controversy. They take a lot of crap for that review but I gotta respect them for digging their heels in on that review and its follow up of remeasurements.

I bought the HCA-2 long before the review, taking advantage of the thirty day trial while my Ayre V-1 was away getting an upgrade. Immediately struck by the transparency and fatigue free presentation I never returned the amp and so began my switching amplifier curiosity. Currently I'm using the Hypex $1300. nCore 400 kits.
Thanks, you both brought a tear to my eyes ;)

But seriously it is nice to hear that my posts have helped in anyway and are understood hat I am just a fan.boy, ha.

Tim, no bias, just enthuseium as you state at the end. But I guess enthuseium could be called a form of bias, not.

I have liked many brands over the years, but they were all well known with many followers and did not need me to add to the noise.

I have liked, used or would recommend with enthuseium;
Ayer, Theta, Wedia, Norton, Synergistic Research, B&W, Stillpoints (current version), PSA PW DAC MK II, Pass Labs, and many more...

But it is very rare that a new "tech" or way of doing it comes along and kind of rerights he rules, sort of speaks.

I think the NCore NC1200 is one of those. I also think the Phasure NOS DAC could be another (it just needs a better GUI).

I also think there is another but I can not comment yet. Perhaps in a month.

I will say that the new Stillpoints are unbelievable in what they can do. Even a friend who is a reviewer was amazed at what they did in his system when I brought mine over to try in his system. Mind you he expected not to hear much or anything. It was very easy to hear the improvement.

Well enough of that as one day I will post about the Stillpoints.