Where do I go from here?

Hi,
I am trying to figure out what I should upgrade next for the most improvement. I listen to a lot of classical and a smattering of jazz, folk, rock, a ousting music.

My system is:
Cambridge azur 340c CD player
Cambridge azur 640a (using preamp outs)
Prima Luna 4 (el34 power amp)
Focal chorus 706v
Audio quest type 4 speaker cable and Ixos interconnects.

I am trying to figure out where my best bang for the buck would come from: front end, speakers, or dedicated pre. I am not really married to any one component at the moment.

So detaching is quite good, lows could be better but highs do sparkle and transients are quite nice.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
gustav1
Thank you everyone! That is a lot of food for thought. I will take all of this knowledge with me when I go see "my guy" this weekend and do some equipment demos. I will let you know what i find out and may come back with more questions.
"sound staging is quite good, lows could be better but highs do sparkle and transients are quite nice. "

So everything is good apart from the lows? Might I suggest a subwoofer?
Malcom02: You may suggest a sub, but I can't handle subwoofers. (I have had them). I am a classically trained Double Bassist and I don't care how often I hear people say that "you can't tell where bass is coming from" or "bass is omnidirectional", or "subwoofers can be located..."it doesn't sound natural to me.

Thanks though! On the surface it makes perfect sense from what I wrote. :)
I went to my dealer this weekend and listened to some different gear and the thing that amazed me was that I fell in love with a pair of vandersteens.

So, that will be the next move. It solves the bass issue and they have a (to my ears) more natural sound across the board than the Focals. More balanced from low to high and that whole time-aligned phase coherent mumbo jumbo really does seem to mean something after you listen to them.

I think after that I go with new preamp, source last as the CD player is okay and I am seriously considering a music sever down the road anyway.

Thanks everyone!