Can You Get 1,000 WPC Out Of Regular Wall Socket?

I see the new Emotiva (100 lbs) and Boulder (450 lbs!!) 1,000 WPC monoblocs require a dedicated 20 amp circuit per monobloc.

I recently read where someone had his Krell 750mcx monobocs changed from 110 to 220 because he said they sounded better.

Well, the D-sonic digital amp weighs 20 pounds and is rated at 1500 WPC. Can an amp pull 1500 WPC from a regular household wall socket?
128x128mitch4t
Map, Al, Kijanki, Swanny, et al.....a big thank you to all of you for chiming in on this issue. I really appreciate your contributions.

Jeez what did audiophiles do for answers before the internet??

mitch
Is there such a thing as an amp that does not do better above 2 ohm? Granted some will do way better than others in that case. If given a choice, its probably best to avoid speakers that could effectively measure 2 ohms at all.
Recently bought a Crest CA-6 for home subwoofer duties. Rated 1500W @ 4 ohms bridged. That can draw nearly 15 amps from the outlet momentarily. Much of that rating is only momentary, depending on capacitor storage. At the "pro" level, seems that most most bass players prefer heavier A/B or H class amps to lightweight class D amps at similar ratings. There are exceptions like the Crown K1/K2 which have linear power supplies but have that "sleep mode" modification for home use. Seen some new class D pro amps rated at 10,000W, however, maybe not into 2 ohms.

SMPS/PWM amps have also, historically, had the issue of repairabilty because of so much integration and timing in the circuits. Can't just replace a component without dramatically affecting others.

Crest CA series has .775V input sensitivity. Can you live with a fan?