Is there any difference between a phono cable and a regular interconnector?

Hi guys I have an old vintage turntable and the rca from the cable is broken. I tried to replace with a new kimber cable with wbt rca, I got a very strong hum sound coming from the turntable. I placed the older cable back and I just used KLEI silver rca again I got a very strong hum. The original cable with the turntable connected to the circuitboard of the turntable. I wonder if you guys know if the rca and the cables for the turntable signal are different than regular interconnectors?

Note: I am using a Denon DL-103r, the table has internal seperate grounding but does not help by changing the rca plugs.
You need a ground wire to use a TT. A typical phono cable has a pair of RCAs with a thin wire connected to them on one end; and the ground wire connects to a ground post on the back of the preamp or integrated amp.

Since you are able to plug the Kimber Kable into RCAs on your TT, all you need is a thin gauge wire connected to a metal part of the TT and then connect the other end to the back of the preamp grounding post. If you don’t have one, loosen a screw on the frame of the preamp/amp and attach the wire there.

Whatever that internal grounding is, it doesn’t sound like it is working.
Let us know if this works.

Also, the capacitance of the cable used for a TT/cart/phonostage needs to be low. So changing to a new phono cable may not only have a different sonic presentation, but possibly might not be a good match for your cartridge. Hopefully this works out fine.
Thank you guys I resolved my problem, I only didn't know that the turntable cab'es are low capacity, and I don't have a humming problem anymore. I got the humming from KLE because one of the solderings was wrong, and i fixed that, so i dont have problems anymore