Tube dampers/coolers effect on preamp sound?

Has anyone heard a change in sound, good or bad, when using any kind of device that damps a tubes glass bottle in a preamp ?
rmcfee
Kernelbob, Herbie's makes dampers for IC connectors, but please explain to me how and why you damp speaker cables. I'm still not sold on the effectiveness of the IC dampers, but what are your findings with your speaker cables?

thanks... and I'm a faithful Herbie customer.
Lowrider, yes I have the Herbies dampers for components with the larger, softer contact material. I find using about 4 or 5 per speaker cable cleans up the sound, not to the degree of the tube dampers, but audibly nonetheless. I've only heard them applied to speaker cables in my system, and I expect their impact will vary depending on the system at hand. If you hold your speaker cable while the music is playing, do you feel any vibration?
" If you hold your speaker cable while the music is playing, do you feel any vibration?"

No, I dont feel any vibration in the cable, but I wonder if Steve (Herbie) is right about vibration on the connectors, especially a RCA on a IC?

Every Herbie's tweek I have used has resulted in a noticeably improved performance. The tube dampers being the most jaw-dropping improvement.
very interesting thread I must say!,learned alot,wanted to say Hi to gammajo,my question is,has any one tried these tweaks on a tubed cd-player like ayon to good effect or bad?,the cd 2s or 5s players.
Audiolabyrinth, I use herbie's dampers on a Jolida cd with 12AX7s. Result was more focused image, tighter bass. But again, the placement of the damper is important; for me it is near the top of the tube, level with the top of the plates.