Creek Destiny 1 & Destiny2 Any difference??

Is there anyone out there, that either owned the Creek Destiny 1 integrated, or its replacement the Destiny 2. Is there much difference in the quality of sound??

Also, I have NOT seen either model on Audiogon for sale for at least 6 months,if not longer. Has Creek discontinued both. Their retail price seemed a bit high at $2795.00, especially if they are/were made in China. Thanx
sunnyjim
Let me had one more wrinkle to the discussion. What is a better sounding integrated in terms of overall musicality, transpareny and smooth ness?? The Destiny 2 or a Krell S300i. Both retailed for between $2500-2795. I will appreciate any comment or advice.
Sunnyjim, Why don't you call a Creek dealer, surely they would have heard the old and new version and could share an opinion, just watch out for bias. Also new models will always try to entice the customer with more - what that is varies, all the while trying to lower the cost of goods to increase profitability in order to pay the bills. Newer is no guarantee of better, though it might.

Are you looking to buy a used one?
Ianderson, I agree with you about "newer" is not necessarily better" It could actually sound worse than previous model. I got some information from designer Mike Creek, who claims that the Destiny I bit the dust because the transistors in the output stage were obsolete to achieve its published specs. Newer transitors were used which increased power output to 120RMS from 100RMS. This also allowed "a wider choice of MOSFET transistors". Therefore, one can hope that the changes produced better sound. or at least a more stable amp. The downside is that the Destiny 2 is assembled in China with parts sourced from there, Korea, Japan, and the UK. As you said, manufacturers's look for cheaper parts and labor.The Destiny 2 was tagged at $2795.00 which is not inexpensive. If the unit was assembled in Japan, I would feel better, in China...no. I have seen too many half-assed pieces of junk come out of those factories that require repeat servicing