Creek Destiny 1 & Destiny2 Any difference??

Is there anyone out there, that either owned the Creek Destiny 1 integrated, or its replacement the Destiny 2. Is there much difference in the quality of sound??

Also, I have NOT seen either model on Audiogon for sale for at least 6 months,if not longer. Has Creek discontinued both. Their retail price seemed a bit high at $2795.00, especially if they are/were made in China. Thanx
sunnyjim
Sunnyjim, I'm surprised nobody has chimed in thats heard both. I hope someone can give you some perspective on the matter. That said I own a Deatiny 1 and think its an outstanding piece, I use it in a second system, though sadly it gets almost no time.

The funny thing when listening to it comparing my main rig at the time (Audio Research SP11 and Bryston 4bst) I thought the Creek sounded wimpy. When I removed from the rack by chance I placed it on its side. Low and behold there was a switch on the bottom that reduced the preamp section output by 6db. Voila, a wimp no longer. I wonder if yours has one like it?
landerson. I don't have either a Destiny 1 or D-2. I have read about the switch you mentioned. One thing I am confused about is how by lowering the pre-amp out put by 6db, made your Destiny I sounder better. The Creek 5350SE Classic, I owned for 4 years had no such switch. Actually, in the reviews, I have read of the Destiny I and and 2, I always wondered what that switch did when the reviewers were talking about technical features. Thankyou for your input
Sunnyjim,

Sorry, I think I was somewhat vague and inacuarate in my response. To note:

Destiny offers both passive and active preamp operation, switchable from the front panel. Another switch on the underside of the amp (to be operated only when the main amplifier power is switched off) permits choice of 3, 6 or 9 dB of active gain in the preamp section.

So when I was originality listening, my preamp was set to passive. Swiching it to active and rolling the gain to 6, or 9db of gain made it sound wonderful !

I hope that helps.
Ianderson, Thank you for clarifying your comment. Now if I can only find out why the Destiny 1 is/was discontinued, and if so what makes the D-2 a worthy, improved replacement
Let me had one more wrinkle to the discussion. What is a better sounding integrated in terms of overall musicality, transpareny and smooth ness?? The Destiny 2 or a Krell S300i. Both retailed for between $2500-2795. I will appreciate any comment or advice.