Should listings include the age of the item?

It looks like a lot of used items sell for 50% off list, but:

1) The age of the item is not included in the listing
2) The list price seems to be the current list price, not the price paid for the item

Let me know what you think. Would including the age make valuing on used equipment a little more accurate?
bigby
I believe there's a facility to ask sellers questions so if you want to know the age, color of their hair ... just ask.

IMO, "flippers" add liquidlity to the market so it's a good thing.
Since we are all giving what 'we think'. This is what I think. I think Buconero117 is close to right, just a little to generous to the seller. Take that you flagrant flippers and flappers. I usually don't care about the color of the item but sometimes I would like to know what some of these people are smoking or drinking or what planet they came from or what dimension they are in. So we get this-'It looks perfect, no swirl marks, so I rate it's sound quality a 10 out of 10. The reason I marked it down 5% from 10% over list price. Hurry and get this it will be a fast mover.'
Part of this game (the buying and selling part) involves knowing things about certain components, like years corresponding to serial numbers, or the use of certain parts (distinguished, say, by color) which may also indicate superior or inferior functionality.

Knowing these things can definitely contribute to bargaining on either side, and it's also kind of fun. Why is nobody touching that great amp? Why are the bids so high for that preamp? Well, take a look at the serial #...or the circuit board, to the extent that you can see it through the grill...See? Fun!

And nobody gets ripped off, unless you deliberately conceal important specs, and you may get a couple of victims that way, but on a site like this, you probably won't get too many. I hope.
Part of this game (the buying and selling part) involves knowing things about certain components, like years corresponding to serial numbers, or the use of certain parts (distinguished, say, by color) which may also indicate superior or inferior functionality.

Knowing these things can definitely contribute to bargaining on either side, and it's also kind of fun. Why is nobody touching that great amp? Why are the bids so high for that preamp? Well, take a look at the serial #...or the circuit board, to the extent that you can see it through the grill...See? Fun!

And nobody gets ripped off, unless you deliberately conceal important specs, and you may get a couple of victims that way, but on a site like this, you probably won't get too many. I hope.
For the record I am not a merely a Wolf, I am a Garcia. And the good news in "flipophelia" (has that one been used yet?) is that the reasonably careful buyer can put together an amazing sounding rig relatively VERY inexpensively using review/opinion vetted stuff.